Your thoughts create your reality. If you’re constantly focused on the negative, life sucks, life is hard; you’re not good enough, capable, etc., you’re going to create more of that in your life.
Your negative thoughts are literally ruining your life. You’ve simply become conditioned to this way of thinking – the good news, there is another way!
Awareness is Key:
You have somewhere between 60,000 – 70,000 thoughts per day. There’s no way you can monitor all of them, but, luckily for you, most of your thoughts today are on repeat from yesterday. The first step in creating change in your life is to become aware of your thoughts. The moment you become aware of what you have on repeat, you can take inventory and choose to think a more empowering thought.
When you become the observer of your thoughts, you can detach yourself from giving them meaning. Simply observe and become curious. Ask yourself, “Is this true? Is this thought serving me?” If you’ve answered no, choose a more empowering thought and move on.
Pull the Weeds and Plant New Seeds:
Thought alone isn’t enough. Your conscious mind, which is only 5% of your thinking, isn’t enough to make sustainable changes. Instead, you have to access the other 95% in your subconscious. It is at this level of thought that you can pull the weeds and plant new seeds. Your subconscious is home to your patterns, behaviors, and memories.
In the diagram above, I am showing you the cycle of how thoughts become things. Everything in your life stems from thought. An empowering thought creates belief, which puts you in a high energy state of feeling good, which motivates and inspires you to take action and ultimately end up with desirable results. If you find yourself unhappy – not enough money, unhappy at work, in a bad relationship, or wanting to be in a relationship, go back to square one: your thoughts.
Now you can see how a negative thought creates negative emotions in which you feel bad, and this leads to inaction such as procrastination or distraction (like scrolling on social media), which leads to undesirable results. It’s a vicious cycle.
Once you become aware and take responsibility for your life, you have the power to make changes. Knowing and understanding how thoughts become things gives you the clarity to implement new ways of thinking.
Flip the Script:
If you think money is hard to come by, there’s no good men left in the dating pool, or that you’ll never amount to anything, you can see how you’d end up with negative results. Your mind is a garden; whatever thoughts you think, you give power to. You end up reaping what you sow.
Now that you are aware of the power of your thoughts, it’s time to take inventory and make a conscious effort to choose again! Watch how quickly your life changes when you take back your power and direct your thoughts to what you actually want. You have the power to stop ruining your life and the tools to create your ideal life!