**This is a sponsored post**
Cakes are a delight to eat any time of the day, from breakfast to dessert, not forgetting that they have been part of our tradition to share these enticing and luscious delicacies on special occasions. Chocolate cakes are one of the most favoured cakes no one can resist.
The best part about cakes is that you can bake any shape you want, like heart-shaped, square, round, cupcakes, and layered cakes, and so on. And the most interesting part is that you can bake a chocolate cake in under 35 minutes sounds exciting!! But, sometimes, it can be challenging to bake a cake for your loved ones who are miles away, and getting them delivered is another tough task. But with online cake order in Nagpur and many other cities in India, you can make special moments for your loved ones exciting and memorable.
Continuing on the subject, in this post, we share a luscious chocolate cake recipe that will leave your loved ones begging for more! Read on.
The best chocolate cake recipe
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups of sugar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa, optional
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- ½ cup of vegetable oil
Also Read: Gain Joy Instead of Weight
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees. Grease your two 9-inch round baking pans and sprinkle flour in the pans, then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add sugar, salt, flour, baking powder, and cocoa. Then mix the dry ingredients at a low speed until the mixture is thoroughly combined.
- Now add the wet ingredients; buttermilk, eggs, oil, coffee, and vanilla extract. And mix on a medium speed for at least two to three minutes until the batter mix is thin.
- Pour the batter mix evenly in baking pans and bake in the oven for about 30 to 35 minutes (round pans), 35 to 40 minutes (rectangular pans). Primarily, keep checking your cake progress and insert a wooden toothpick in the center; if the toothpick comes out with no batter sticking on it, bravo! You are almost done.
- Take your cake out from the oven, set it aside for at least 10 minutes and then turn the cake to a cooling rack until it is completely cooled.
- When the cake is finally cool, you now need to wrap up your cake with chocolate frosting and decorations.
Creative cake ideas
When you frequently bake cakes, it will eventually become an easy and fun task like cutting a cake to eat. You can use this recipe to make various other cake types with a bit of tweak to the ingredients and preparation methods. At times you will have to adjust the baking time from 35 to 40 minutes. You can also use eight or nine-inch cake pans. You also have to change your recipe ingredients so that you have just the right amount of batter. To ensure that your cake experiment is a success, you have to check if the cake is well baked earlier than the bake time.
The best way to store your cake for later
Planning ahead of time is the best way to make sure everything goes accordingly. This helps you from the last-minute rush to find yourself stuck between cake baking, decorations, and final event preparations. However, cakes are quite delicate and perishable. You can bake your cake three days before the occasion and save the final decorations like frosting and fruit cakes for the event’s day.
Another benefit of refrigerating cakes is that decorating a cake fresh from the oven is preparing for disaster. You have to wait until the cake is cool enough such that when you start pasting your chocolate frosting, it will hold. So you need to wait until the cake is cool enough and then refrigerate.
You can also add more enticing decorations to your cake like chocolate ganache and give it that extra pop no one could resist. Another essential ingredient that will give your chocolate cake that rich chocolatey texture is coffee.
You will not taste the coffee, but if coffee is not your thing, you can always substitute it with water. You can also replace eggs to make an eggless cake by using mashed bananas.