We all follow a definite skincare regimen, but sticking to it seems challenging. Close deadlines, tight work schedule, loads of caffeine- not only dull our skin texture but also makes it lose its natural glow.
However, every day our skin has to go through pollution, dirt, and harsh UV rays, and the wide range of skincare products available in the market, makes us skeptical about picking the right one. Some say use chemical-free, some say to use the only dermatologist approved, some say use this brand product, it works amazingly, and so on…
Recently I got to know about essential oils and their incredible benefits for the face. From keeping the skin acne-free to diminishing the blackspots, essential oils work as the magical serum. It plays a wondrous role in keeping our skin healthy. Admit it…
To be honest, I have tried countless numbers of skincare products, whether it’s natural or chemical-based, to boost the radiance, but the one thing that works to revitalize cells by providing a fresh look is essential oils.
I must say, every woman should have essential oils in their vanity box. They intensify the skin, reduce wrinkles and improve skin elasticity.
Now comes the second question: if I am using this essential oil, so how long should I keep it on my face?
Wait for a second; what is the first question then.
Before jumping to the second question, let’s first define what essential oils are?
Essential oils are liquid extracts or compounds of various plants in a beneficial way.
Mechanical pressing like cold pressing or water distillation is one way that helps to extract the compounds- that retain the natural smell and flavor of their source.
Essential oils comprise a significantly more pungent smell than plants because of their composition. The oils have the aromatic scent of the plants, also known as essence.
Once the extraction is done, the chemicals are combined with a carrier oil to create the product that will be sold in the market and is ready for use.
Now, for how long should I keep essentials oil on my face?
1. Before using an essential oil, don’t forget to do a skin patch test because not all essential oils are appropriate for all skin types. For example, a citrus essential oil can make your skin sensitive to the sun so refrain from using it if you are someone who’ll be exposed to sunlight.
2. Using an essential oil overnight can be recommended. However, keep a cloth over your face and leave it overnight. Wash the face thoroughly in the morning. To see better results, use the essential oil that suits your skin integrity the best.
3. Essential oils can be used every 4 to 6 hours as required. The aromatic essence of the oil lasts long, for hours. Apply small amounts of oil on your face to see the desired results. Although, do not overdo it.
4. Use hydrating essential oils for your skin, especially for sensitive areas like near your eyes and nose if you have a stuffy nose. It will not only hydrate your skin but also moisturize it.
5. Excessive use of essential oils can have harmful effects on the skin. Generally, 5-10 drops of the oil are taken on the thumb and applied to the face. Depending on the type and texture of the essential oil, you can use it up to 3-4 times per day.
8 Essentials Oils (For different skin condition and their benefits)
You will come across many different types of essential oils but in order to avail the essential oil benefits, you need to recognize your skin type first and then choose an essential oil accordingly.
Here is a list of some essential oils that you can choose according to your skin type.
Essential oils for dry skin
Sandalwood contains compounds that not only reduces inflammation of the skin but also acts as a moisturizer. It’s one of the best essential oils for dry skin.
Lavender is very useful for your sleep since it relaxes the mind. It is a natural hydrator as well that will reduce the dryness of the skin.
Essential oils for oily skin
Neroli contains citral. It helps to balance out sebum which is essential for oily skin.
Rosemary has the key characteristics of being anti-inflammatory and stimulating. It has an ingredient called esters that keeps away the excess sebum produced on the face.
Essential oils for sensitive skin
Having sensitive skin means your skin is prone to having allergies, eczema, and other skin problems. So here are two of the best essential oils that will suit your sensitive skins.
Essential oils for acne-prone skin
Lemongrass helps to remove pimples with its antimicrobial properties and dead skin cells. It is one of the best essential oils for glowing skin as well.
It is derived from the peel of the citrus fruit. It helps to fight inflammation and acne.
While essential oils can act as positivity for the skin, they can also have side effects. Before using them, try consulting a dermatologist or collecting some information from the internet.
Make a habit of following a healthy skincare routine and doing all the necessary things. You are the only one who will take care of and nourish your skin, so go ahead.
Glow and get better!
- These 6 Zodiac Signs Are Sworn Enemies - September 24, 2021
- How Much Time Should I keep Essential Oil on my Face - September 22, 2021
- Why Should Women Invest in High-quality Activewear - September 20, 2021