- What is the common thread with successful people? They have no time for excuses. These people know excuses will prevent them from reaching their goals and dreams. They will hold them back from maximizing their full potential and achieving greatness.
- Why does stepping outside our comfort zone feel so uncomfortable? That’s because to grow; we need to do something we have never done before. We must push ourselves past our limitations and our limiting beliefs.
- Why do we let fear get in the way? Because humans are creatures of habits and routines. We enjoy doing repetitive tasks because they feel safe and familiar. The unknown can challenge us to move past our comfort zone. This can trigger fear and panic.
I played safe and small for a long time because facing my fears was difficult and challenging. Also, I was afraid to stand-out around my peers. I would pull away from going after my dreams at the first sign of resistance. Probably, I would self-sabotage my success because I was lacking self-confidence. I was afraid of discomfort. Excuses provided a window of opportunity to procrastinate endlessly. The most common excuses I would say were: I don’t have time. I’m too busy. I’ll do it after I finish this task. I have so many other things to do. I’ll do it tomorrow.
Tomorrow turned into the following week, month, year, ultimately never. Then, I realized my career, health, and relationships were stagnating because I was too scared to make those bold moves.
Wouldn’t you rather live a life filled with love, joy, passion, and excitement instead of a life of blandness, sameness, and monotony? Even those three words sound boring. Imagine living a life immersed in that daily?
If you want to take your life to a whole other level, reach your full potential, and achieve big goals, you need to take full responsibility for your life because nobody else will walk the path for you.
Here are five ways to help you eliminate excuses:
1. Find a way
If you know you should do it, move forward with confidence. Reach out to the people you know who can help you reach your goals. Someday is not a day of the week. Opportunities either speak loudly to your heart and soul, and they give you a firm YES or they don’t inspire you at all. It’s that simple. Never overanalyze and complicate simple tasks.
2. Step outside your comfort zone and face your fears
Get comfortable with the uncomfortable. What are you avoiding? Just go out and do it. Move past your limitations and quit procrastinating. Inaction is directly linked to fear. Growth happens outside your comfort zone. Reframe your fear into the excitement of the new.
3. Revisit your vision board to include bigger goals
Create a vision board with all of your goals and dreams. When you include short-term and long-term goals on your vision board, the smaller goals will seem easier to achieve. When you reach goals, celebrate your accomplishments. This will create a momentum of wins, and it will motivate you to keep moving forward despite the obstacles.
4. Take actionable steps every single day
Make a list of three goals you would like to achieve every week, and write down the actionable steps you will take to achieve them. Let your weekly list hold you accountable to reach your goals. Keep the list short and precise. If you need a bit more motivation, find an accountability partner and share the weekly list. Surround yourself with positive people who push you to become the best version of yourself every single day. Remove the negative and toxic people from your inner circle. Keep them further away, and never let their energy dull your shine.
Also Read: Why Working Less Will Get You More Results
5. Say positive affirmations
Identify your weaknesses, then write positive affirmations to help you clear the mindset blocks. These positive statements will help you remove any negative self-talk and replace them with empowering thoughts. When we are positive, we attract good things into our lives. Here are examples: I am stronger than any excuse. I am capable of anything. I step outside of my comfort zone with ease. Today is a great day! I am happy, confident and I am focused on achieving my goals. I embody a growth mindset, and I silence all negative self-talk.
Excuses will make you forget your burning desires in life, and without realizing it, you will settle for average instead of striving for success in all areas of your life. Greatness is waiting on the other side of fear. Have the courage to let go of excuses and live your best life.
“At the end of the day, let there be no excuses, no explanations, no regrets.”―Steve Maraboli
- If you Stay Positive in a Negative Situation, You Win - April 25, 2021
- How to Stop Making Excuses and Take Responsibility - March 1, 2021