What could be a better way to celebrate the big day with delicious yummy cakes?
Baking is an activity that delights us. The act of baking is a form of self-expression, whatever one wants to create, without any judgment. It spreads happiness and brings people closer.
Baking is one of the oldest and most popular hobbies in the world. It allows us to celebrate holidays and vacations with an extra dose of awesomeness and love.
Though, baking requires a lot of planning and preparation. If one’s passionate about baking, one can take it up as a profession too. Your work will bring a feeling of accomplishment. Let’s go through some quotes which celebrate baking.
Best Baking Quotes To Inspire Your Inner Baker
1. “Cooking and baking is both physical and mental therapy.” — Mary Berry.
2. “If you’re trying to create a company, it’s like baking a cake. You have to have all the ingredients in the right proportion.” — Elon Musk.
3. “You don’t have to love cooking to cook, but you have to do more than love baking to bake. You have to bake out of love.” — Tom Junod.
4. “Baking cookies is comforting, and cookies are the sweetest little bit of comfort food. They are very bite —sized and personal.” — Sandra Lee.
5. “Baking makes me focus. On weighing the sugar. On sieving the flour. I find it calming and rewarding because, in fairness, it is sort of magic — you start off with all this disparate stuff, such as butter and eggs, and what you end up with is so totally different. And also delicious.” — Marian Keyes.
6. “Baking is too precise for me. I cook with a pinch of this or that.” — Eva Longoria.
7. “So we baked and sweated together. I like punching the dough. I told myself it was the moon and punched it senseless.” — Susan Beth Pfeffer.
8. “The smell of good bread baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight.” — M. F. K. Fisher.
9. “It’s all about a balancing act between time, temperature and ingredients: That’s the art of baking.” — Peter Reinhart.
10. “Most recently, I learned another hobby: baking. It’s so much fun to mix all the ingredients and to see the cake come out nice. It’s so rewarding when the cake comes out great and tastes great.” — Yani Tseng.
11. “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” — Sarah Addison Allen, ‘First Frost’.
12. “This was why she enjoyed baking. A good dessert could make her feel like she’d created joy at the tips of her fingers. Suddenly, the people around the table were no longer strangers. They were friends and confidantes, and she was sharing with them her magic.” — Marissa Meyer, ‘Heartless’.
13. “Baking is like washing — —the results are equally temporary.” — Patricia Briggs, ‘Raven’s Shadow’.
14. “The measuring and mixing always smoothed out her thinking processes — nothing was as calming as creaming butter — and when the kitchen was warm from the oven overheating and the smell of baking chocolate, she took final stock of where she’d been and where she was going. Everything was fine.” — Jennifer Crusie, ‘Maybe This Time’.
15. “If you bake a cupcake, the world has one more cupcake. If you become a circus clown, the world has one more squirt of seltzer down someone’s pants. But if you win an Olympic gold medal, the world will not have one more Olympic gold medalist. It will just have you instead of someone else.” — Steven E. Landsburg
Baking Quotes That Works A Therapy
If you are going through a rough phase in your life, you can tune into baking. Baking is proved to be therapeutic by increasing happiness and satisfaction in life. Designing a delicious cupcake with frosting instantly brings a smile to anyone’s face. Let us have a glance through some quotes that will show how baking is therapeutic.
16. “A recipe has no soul. You, as the cook, must bring soul to a recipe.” — Thomas Keller.
17. “Baking is done out of love, to share with family and friends, to see them smile.” — Anna Olson.
18. “Always serve too much hot fudge sauce on hot fudge sundaes. It makes people overjoyed and puts them in your debt.” — Judith Olney.
19. “Cookies are made of butter and love.” — Norwegian Proverb.
20. “Without ice cream, there would be darkness and chaos.” — Don Kardong.
21. “Cooking is like painting or writing a song. Just as there are only so many notes or colors, there are only so many flavors—it’s how you combine them that sets you apart.” — Wolfgang Puck.
22. “Cooking with kids is not just about ingredients, recipes, and cooking. It’s about harnessing imagination, empowerment, and creativity.” — Guy Fieri.
23. “Cooking is at once child’s play and adult joy. And cooking done with care is an act of love.” — Craig Claiborne.
24. “So when people ask me, ‘What do you think of Michelin?’ I don’t cook for guides. I cook for customers.” — Gordon Ramsay.
25. “Cooking is not difficult. Everyone has taste, even if they don’t realize it. Even if you’re not a great chef, there’s nothing to stop you understanding the difference between what tastes good and what doesn’t.” — Gerard Depardieu.
26. “Baking is my business, and it will always come first.” — Dwight Henry.
27. “Growing up around Amish farmland, I enjoyed the opportunity to witness firsthand their love of family, of the domestic arts — sewing, quilting, cooking, baking — as well as seeing them live out their tradition of faith in such a unique way.” — Bewerly Lewis.
28. “My secret skill is baking bread. My mother was a farmer’s daughter and still made bread every day when I was a child. She would have me knead the dough when I got home from school.” — Richard Flanagan.
29. “The biggest challenge of being a pastry chef is that, unlike other types of chefs, you can’t throw things together at a farmer’s market. When you’re working with baking powder and a formula, you have to be exact. If not, things can go wrong.” — Carl Hall.
30. “My love of baking might have originated with my grandmother. She had a lemon tree growing in her backyard, and one of my favorite memories is of picking lemons together and then baking lemon bars.” — Lisa Graff.
31. “Baking bread is a lot like growing your faith in the Lord, Carrie Louise. You mix together the best ingredients you can find and wait for the mixture to mature, but it’s the heat of the oven that makes it something of worth and substance. The same way the tribulations of this world mature a persons faith.” — Dorothy Love.
32. “But of course you can have your cake and eat it, too — if you decide to to bake a second cake. And you may well find that Baking two cakes does not take twice the work of Baking one.” — Robert Kuttner.
33. “The real issue is not whether Baking biscuits is meaningful, but the extent to which the activity can seem to be so after it has been continuously stretched and subdivided across five thousand lives.” — Alain De Botton.
34. “The smell of good bread Baking, like the sound of lightly flowing water, is indescribable in its evocation of innocence and delight…” — M.F.K.
35. “He considered himself to be a thoroughly useless man, taking up space in a world to which he contributed nothing but he did have a talent for Baking… The gas oven might blow up in his face, at last bringing him peace, but if it didn’t, he would at least have cookies for Agnes.” — Dean. R.
36. “We’ll take the cake with the red cherry on top.” — Navjot Singh Sidhu.
37. “Always give them the old fire, even when you feel like a squashed cake of ice.” — Ethel Merman.
38. “If the theory turns out to be right, that will be tremendously thick and tasty icing on the cake.” — Brian Greene.
39. “Why not question what can or can’t be a layer in layer cake?” — Christina Tosi.
Best Baking Quotes To Inspire Joy
Baking teaches you life skills like eating healthy, budgeting your money, and cleaning. However carefully you plan everything, it’s going to get messy anyway. Baking teaches you to take responsibility and own up to your mistakes. So it’s worth the risk and it’s worth waiting for a delicious bowl of cookies. Let’s read some significant quotes that illustrate so.
40. “God gives us the ingredients for our daily bread, but he expects us to do the baking!” — Chip Ingram.
41. “Happiness is like a cake: have too much of it and you get sick of it.” — Karl Pilkingto.
42. “Take the broken pieces of your life, bake a master cake out of it. Don’t stand still like a lake; keep flowing like a stream!” — Israelmore Ayivor.
43. “Baking is like washing–the results are equally temporary.” — Patricia Briggs.
44. “Life is a cake and love is the icing on top of it. Without love, it becomes difficult to swallow life.” — Mehek Bassi.
45. “Love is when you have a really amazing piece of cake, and it’s the very last piece, but you let him have it.” — E. Lockha.
46. “When you see a beautiful loaf of bread, slow down, appreciate it, enjoy it, then give yourself a chance to think!” — Chris Geiger.
47. “Never ask a baker what went into a pie. Just eat.” — George R.R. Martin, ‘A Dance With Dragons’.
48. “We can’t all be bakers or chefs. Many of us have modest ambitions. But we can all buy a piece of the pie.” — Amah Lambert.
49. “If baking is any labor at all, it’s a labor of love. A love that gets passed from generation to generation.” — Regina Brett.
50. “Every skilled baker was first an amateur!” — Chris Geiger.
The best thing about baking is that anyone can do it anytime, regardless of age or gender. Baking teaches us important life skills as we spend a lot of transition periods in our lives the same way: waiting and knowing that if we keep on doing our work without worrying about the outcome, there will be better things ahead.
It teaches us to be independent and it’s a great hobby during Holidays. And it’s always amazing if you have buddies during baking.
51. “Crushes are stressful. Dating is disappointing. Every relationship, you either break up or get married & then divorced. Pies can’t hurt you.” — Ngozi Ukazu.
52. “It looked like the world was covered in a cobbler crust of brown sugar and cinnamon.” — Sarah Addison Allen.
53. “In the Rue de Seine he encountered Planchet, standing outside a bakery ecstatically worshipping a supremely appetizing brioche.” ― Alexandre Dumas, ‘The Three Musketeers’.
54. “I think baking cookies is equal to Queen Victoria running an empire. There’s no difference in how seriously you take the job, how seriously you approach your whole life.” — Martha Stewart.
55. “I have a giant baking book, so I close my eyes and pick a random page. Whatever it is, I try to bake it!” — Nina Dobrev, interview with Emily Laurence.
56. “Life was like a batch of biscuits without the baking powder: flat, flat, flat.” — Kirby Larson, ‘Hattie Big Sky’.
57. “A basic rule of baking is that, in general, it’s almost impossible to make an inedible batch of brownies.” — Linda Sunshine.
58. “God gives us the ingredients for our daily bread, but he expects us to do the baking.” — Chip Ingram.
59. “Cupcakes when you want to watch your weight, but still feel the pride that comes with eating an entire cake.” — Dana Gould.
60. “I’ve never met a problem a proper cupcake couldn’t fix.” — Sarah Ockler.