T.G.I.S. – Thank God It’s Summer.
The sweet summer days are knocking on our doors. We are already in the mood to celebrate the warmth and fun of the summer season. Planting new seedlings, going to the beach to get your body tanned, splashing in the blue water of the swimming pools, and planning the vacation with loved ones – all are the exciting parts of a much-awaited summer after the intense and chilly winter days.
This time, experience the mystical and magical summer days by trying out new outdoor and indoor activities. Make this summer special by spending more time with your family and checking off your bucket list by doing everything you had always wanted to do. Whether you’re itching to beat the heat or racing to embrace the sunshine and warmer water, these summertime quotes will definitely get you in the mood for fun under the sun.
Best Summer Quotes
1. “And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” — F. Scott Fitzgerald
2. “Rest is not idleness, and to lie sometimes on the grass under trees on a summer’s day, listening to the murmur of the water, or watching the clouds float across the sky, is by no means a waste of time.” — John Lubbock
3. “Deep summer is when laziness finds respectability.” — Sam Keen
4. “Summers had a logic all their own and they always brought something out in me. Summer was supposed to be about freedom and youth and no school and possibilities and adventure and exploration. Summer was a book of hope. That’s why I loved and hated summers. Because they made me want to believe.” — Benjamin Alire Sáenz
5. “Summer was our best season: it was sleeping on the back screened porch in cots, or trying to sleep in the tree house; summer was everything good to eat; it was a thousand colors in a parched landscape…” — Harper Lee
6. “Some of the best memories are made in flip-flops.” — Kellie Elmore
7. “I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” — L.M. Montgomery
8. “Live in the sunshine. Swim in the sea. Drink in the wild air.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
9. “It’s a smile, it’s a kiss, it’s a sip of wine … It’s summertime!” — Kenny Chesney
10. “Summertime is always the best of what might be.” — Charles Bowden
11. “One benefit of Summer was that each day we had more light to read by.” — Jeannette Walls
12. “If it could only be like this always — always summer, always alone, the fruit always ripe.” — Evelyn Waugh
13. “Spring being a tough act to follow, God created June.” — Al Bernstein
14. “I have only to break into the tightness of a strawberry, and I see summer – its dust and lowering skies.” — Toni Morrison
15. “The summer night is like a perfection of thought.” — Wallace Stevens
16. “Summer has always been my favorite season. I feel happier.” — Zooey Deschanel
17. “I love summertime more than anything else in the world. That is the only thing that gets me through the winter, knowing that summer is going to be there.” — Jack McBrayer
18. “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.” — Langston Hughes
19. “Summer is the annual permission slip to be lazy. To do nothing and have it count for something. To lie in the grass and count the stars. To sit on a branch and study the clouds.” — Regina Brett
20. “In summer, the song sings itself.” — William Carlos Williams
Summer Quotes To Have New And Beautiful Experiences
Flirty summer dresses, scrumptious salads, and summer cocktails are must-haves every summer. But why not try out something new and exotic this summer? Here are listed some simple yet amazing stuff you can do this summer.
- Host a BBQ.
- Go to a museum.
- A Road trip.
- Read a new book outside.
- Catch some oceanic waves.
- Learn a new recipe.
- Attend a sporting event.
Here are some quotes that illustrate how remarkable the season of summer is.
21. “Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August.” — Jenny Han
22. “Summer is singing with joy, and the beaches are inviting you with dancing waves.” — Debasish Mridha
23. “If summer had one defining scent, it’d definitely be the smell of barbecue.” — Katie Lee
24. “All in all, it was a never-to-be-forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.” — L.M. Montgomery
25. “It was June, and the world smelled of roses. The sunshine was like powdered gold over the grassy hillside.” — Maud Hart Lovelace
26. “In the summer I was a wild child in the woods, with no shoes, and in the fall it was back to the city, shoe shops and school.” — Margaret Atwood
27. “Summer afternoon—summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language.” —Henry James
28. “When I figured out how to work my grill, it was quite a moment. I discovered that summer is a completely different experience when you know how to grill.” — Taylor Swift
29. “Long stormy spring-time, wet contentious April, winter chilling the lap of very May; but at length the season of summer does come.” — Thomas Carlyle
30. “I like summer. I like warmer weather and long days.” — Danielle Steel
31. “When the sun is shining I can do anything; no mountain is too high, no trouble is too difficult to overcome.” — Wilma Rudolph
32. “Summer passes and one remembers one’s exuberance.” — Yoko Ono
33. “Oh, the summer night, has a smile of light, and she sits on a sapphire throne.” — Bryan Procter
34. “She smelled of sun and daisies with a hint of river water.” — Katie Daisy
35. “A vacation is having nothing to do and all day to do it in.” — Robert Orben
Summer Quotes To Welcome Happiness And Satisfaction This Season
Euphoric and exalted exactly describe what people feel in the first few days of the summer season. There are many reasons why this jubilant season gives us the best vibes. The days are longer, the sun shines brighter, the air feels a lot warmer, and our minds begin to wander… to thoughts of crackling campfires, hiking holidays, RV road trips, or sun-soaked seaside sojourns.
It might be hard to focus on work during this time. We have selected some quotes that will elevate your mood in a tranquil environment and inspire you to be productive this summer.
36. “Summer, after all, is a time when wonderful things can happen to quiet people. For those few months, you’re not required to be who everyone thinks you are, and that cut-grass smell in the air and the chance to dive into the deep end of a pool give you a courage you don’t have the rest of the year. You can be grateful and easy, with no eyes on you, and no past. Summer just opens the door and lets you out.” — Deb Caletti
37. “Smell the sea, and feel the sky. Let your soul and spirit fly.” — Van Morrison
38. “In the summer, the days were long, stretching into each other. Out of school, everything was on pause and yet happening at the same time, this collection of weeks when anything was possible.” — Sarah Dessen
39. “I almost wish we were butterflies and liv’d but three summer days – three such days with you I could fill with more delight than fifty common years could ever contain.” — John Keats
40. “Keep your face to the sunshine and you will never see the shadows.” — Helen Keller
41. “Summer’s lease hath all too short a date.” — William Shakespeare
42. “Rejoice as summer should…chase away sorrows by living.” — Melissa Marr
43. “There shall be eternal summer in the grateful heart.” — Celia Thaxter
44. “The library in summer is the most wonderful thing because there you get books on any subject and read them each for only as long as they hold your interest, abandoning any that don’t, halfway or a quarter of the way through if you like, and store up all that knowledge in the happy corners of your mind for your own self and not to show off how much you know or spit it back at your teacher on a test paper.” — Polly Horvath
More Summer vibes Quotes
Iced drinks and sipping your favorite juice and wine in the evenings feel blissful during summers. Terrace parties, delicious sundaes, and evening walks give us that warm feeling like no other. Indeed, summer is a blessing for us all. Rejoice in this wonderful season of beaches, watermelons, sunglasses, long days, colorful clothing, and so much more, along with these quotes.
45. “In early June the world of leaf and blade and flowers explode, and every sunset is different.” — John Steinbeck
46. “Summertime. It was a song. It was a season. I wondered if that season would ever live inside of me.” — Benjamin Alire Sáenz
47. “Even so, there were times I saw freshness and beauty. I could smell the air, and I really loved rock ‘n’ roll. Tears were warm, and girls were beautiful, like dreams. I liked movie theaters, the darkness and intimacy, and I liked the deep, sad summer nights.” — Haruki Murakami
48. “I love how summer just wraps its arms around you like a warm blanket.” — Kellie Elmore
49. “It is easy to forget now, how effervescent and free we all felt that summer.” — Anna Godbersen
50. “A little bit of summer is what the whole year is all about.” — John Mayer