Motherhood is one of the greatest joys in a woman’s life. It is a divine feeling, and the women who receive the joy of being a mother are truly blessed. This bond is pure and unconditional.
Motherhood asks for sacrifice, love, nurture, and intense dedication. The mother-child relationship is vital for the healthy development of a child. A mother is the best gift of God in the life of a person. She is the cohesive force that plays a vital role in integrating a family. Let’s read some best quotes regarding motherhood by celebrities who manage to balance their intensely busy schedule alongside fulfilling the responsibility of being a mother.
Heartwarming Motherhood Quotes
1. “My favorite thing about being a mom is just what a better person it makes you on a daily basis.” – Drew Barrymore
2. “Little souls find their way to you whether they’re from your womb or someone else’s.” – Sheryl Crow
3. “You don’t ever balance it completely. [Motherhood] is a constant struggle of a little more time there, a little more time here, and feeling a little bit guilty all the time.” – Halle Berry
4. “Sometimes, when I want to take on the world, I try to remember that it’s just as important to sit down and ask my son how he’s feeling or talk to him about life.” – Angelina Jolie
5. “You’re going to get advice from a lot of people, and you can take bits and pieces, but you know innately what your child needs. You should trust that.” – Lucy Liu
6. “Having a baby is just living in the constant unexpected. You never know when you’re gonna get crapped on or when you’re gonna get a big smile or when that smile immediately turns into hysterics.” – Blake Lively
7. “Only I can understand my kid. She’s like ‘BDIDKDKODKDHJXUDHEJSLOSJDHDUSJMSOZUZUSJSIXOJ’ and I’m like, ‘OK, I will get you a piece of sausage in just a minute.'” – Chrissy Teigen
8. “I’ve learned the value of absorbing the moment.” – Thandie Newton
9. “Every day when you’re raising kids, you feel like you could cry or crack up and just scream ‘This is ridiculous!’ because there’s so much nonsense, whether it’s what they’re saying to you or the fact that there’s avocado or poop on every surface.” – Kristen Bell
10. “Becoming a mother has made me next-level confident. I’ve never felt more empowered.” – Kelly Clarkson
11. “I can be covered in spit-up on a conference call while I’m pumping and that’s OK because this is my perfect. It may not be somebody else’s, but this is mine.” – Kerry Washington
12. “Nothing can really prepare you for it because you never again have a day where you don’t think of your kids first.” – Zooey Deschanel
13. “We have rules around the house. I always say, if you’re not yelling at your kids, you’re not spending enough time with them.” – Reese Witherspoon
14. “I think twice about traveling now, because it needs to be for a damn good reason if I’m going to leave my kid.” – Connie Britton
15. “You have those moments: exhaustion, the stress of having an exuberant child, and you don’t want to be judged by your worst mistakes. It’s a part of life, and it’s a part of what makes us who we are.” – Viola Davis
16. “I use humor instead of getting into that whole yes and no thing all the time. It’s about just getting them to laugh rather than getting in power struggles.” – Marcia Cross
17. “Stars are just like us. We all got lice. It’s making me itchy just to talk about it.” – Jennifer Garner
18. “I tell my daughter every morning, ‘Now, what are the two most important parts of you?’ And she says, ‘My head and my heart.’ Because that’s what I’ve learned in the foxhole: What gets you through life is strength of character and strength of spirit and love.” – Viola Davis
19. “I think every working mom probably feels the same thing: You go through big chunks of time where you’re just thinking, ‘This is impossible — oh, this is impossible.’ And then you just keep going and keep going and you sort of do the impossible.” – Tina Fey
20. “It’s not about what we can do, it’s what we MUST do as working moms and working dads. Anything is possible…if it means warming up and stretching while holding my baby that’s what #thismama will do.” – Serena Williams
Empowering Motherhood Quotes
Motherhood is an enchanting experience, elevating, soul-fulfilling and frustrating – all at the same time. Socially, physically and culturally, women feel complete once they become mothers.
There are different parenting styles, of which lazy parenting or laissez-faire parenting is basically the “sit back and watch” approach to raising little people. Let’s read some relaxing as well as prudent parenting quotes.
21. “Sleep at this point is just a concept. Something I’m looking forward to investigating in the future.” – Amy Poehler
22. “As a new mom myself, it really was important to hear positive compliments from people just being like, ‘Hey, you’re doing a great job.'” – Shay Mitchell
23. “Why don’t kids understand that their nap is not for them, it’s for us?” – Alyson Hannigan
24. “When I had my children and I felt that type of love, which I know you understand and every mom out there understands, it made me understand that there was a purity to love. That there is an unconditional love.” – Jennifer Lopez
25. “Get rid of the guilt. When you’re at one place, don’t feel bad that you’re not at work. When you’re at work, don’t feel bad that you’re not at home.” – Katie Couric
26. “It just occurred to me that the majority of my diet is made up of the foods my kid did not finish.” – Carrie Underwood
27. “When my daughter is awake, I want her to sleep. When she’s asleep, I want her awake. This is my parenting life.” – Chrissy Teigen
28. “I’ve never met a 2-year-old who is terrible. I’m so cool with every stage my daughter goes through. I just think she’s amazing. I hope she’s not looking at me thinking, ‘Mom, are the terrible 30s coming on with you?'” – Katie Holmes
29. “The one thing you’ve got to be prepared to do as a parent is not to be liked from time to time.” – Emma Thompson
30. “Children are f–king crazy. They’re also suicidal. Like, at the park, certain jungle gyms have an opening for older kids to jump out of. My daughter can’t jump. She just walks off it as if she’s on a pirate ship.” – Mila Kunis
31. “I don’t think there’s been an hour of my life since Ava was born that I don’t think of my kids. I call it my CNN ticker tape: Is Ava OK? Yes. Is Deacon OK? Yes. Is Tennessee OK? Yes. Back to Ava.” – Reese Witherspoon
32. “Becoming a mom to me means you have accepted that for the next 16 years of your life, you will have a sticky purse.” – Nia Vardalos
33. “Nothing can really prepare you for the sheer overwhelming experience of what it means to become a mother. It is full of complex emotions of joy, exhaustion, love and worry, all mixed together. Your fundamental identity changes overnight.” – Kate Middleton
34. “People know not to call me before 8:15. Because 8:15 is when everybody has to either be on the bus or at school and then my whole life starts at 8:15.” – Reese Witherspoon
35. “Parenting shifts as your kids shift. The best thing for me has been throwing any kind of parenting manual out of the window.” – Kate Hudson
Motherhood Quotes For Boosting Your Self-esteem
Traits like independence, self-direction, honesty, self-control, kindness, and cooperation must be imbibed in a child, indicating good parenting skills. Strict upbringing represses a child’s desires and talents and doesn’t let him/her bloom. At the same time, too casual parenting leads a child to go haywire. So moms need to find a path midway. Let’s read some fulfilling and motivational motherhood quotes.
36. “Motherhood is the most completely humbling experience I’ve ever had. It puts you in your place because it really forces you to address the issues that you claim to believe in—and if you can’t stand up to those principles when you’re raising a child, forget it.” – Diane Keaton
37. “I never understand why mothers judge other mothers, like, ‘What do you mean you didn’t breastfeed? What do you mean you didn’t do this?’ It’s like, ‘Can’t we all just be on each other’z side?'” – Gwyneth Paltrow
38. “It’s not difficult to take care of a child; it’s difficult to do anything else while taking care of a child. Trying to clean up the kitchen after you’ve had a baby is a nightmare.” – Julianne Moore
39. “The sleep deprivation after children is so real. I liken it to what it must feel like to walk on the moon and cry the whole time because you had heard that the moon was supposed to be great but in truth it totally sucks.” – Amy Poehler
40. “I’ve conquered a lot of things: Blood clots in my lungs-twice. Knee and foot surgeries. Winning Grand Slams being down match point. But I found out by far the hardest is figuring out a stroller.” – Serena Williams
41. “I try to call my mother with more regularity because I think, What if Hazel didn’t call me for two weeks? I’m able to see her mothering now from a different vantage point.” – Julia Roberts
42. “It’s not easy being a mom. If it were easy, fathers would do it.” – Betty White
43. “There’s no way to be a perfect mother and a million ways to be a good one.” —Jill Churchill
44. “Motherhood has a very humanizing effect. Everything gets reduced to essentials.” — Meryl Streep
Raising a child is never been easy. It requires intense dedication, hard work, and resilience and one needs to be really determined and patient with this.
Providing education, food, shelter, etc., are the basic necessities needed to raise a child. Ensuring children’s health and safety and preparing children for life as productive adults are the ultimate goals of a mother.
A high-quality parent-child relationship is critical for the discipline development of a child. Kudos to all mothers out there in the world who give everything of theirs to successfully raise their children. Being a mother is no less than a profession that deserves the highest respect.
45. “Kids don’t stay with you if you do it right. It’s the one job where, the better you are, the more surely you won’t be needed in the long run.” —Barbara Kingsolver
46. “I don’t think empathy is something you can drill in someone’s head. You have to have faith that while your kids can seem to be selfish and concerned only about the word ‘mine’ sometimes, overall, they are watching you really carefully, and if you care about other people, they will too.” — Jennifer Garner
47. “Sometimes we try to protect our children so much that when something doesn’t go right in their lives, they’re unprepared to deal with adversity. I don’t think that does our kids any favors.” — Taraji P. Henson
48. “In the beginning, I didn’t want to think of myself as a mother. I was like, ‘Wait a minute! Ain’t no hollaback girl is who I am!’ I had to learn to accept it.” — Gwen Stefani
49. “You’re going to get advice from a lot of people and you can take bits and pieces, but you know innately what your child needs. You should trust that. Don’t beat yourself up for making decisions about things that may or may not work. It’s an experiment in life and you’re a part of that.” — Lucy Liu
50. “My daughter introduced me to myself … My mother and I are so close, and I always prayed that I would have that type of relationship with my daughter. And she’s still a baby, but the connection I had with her when I was giving birth was something that I’ve never felt before.” — Beyoncé Knowles