Building muscle mass is a lot easier than you think. All you need to do is focus on the intensity of the workout and stick to a healthy diet. There are certain ways which help in gaining that extra pump faster than usual. From increasing the frequency of meals to getting proper sleep, every activity makes some difference in your muscle gain positively. In case your workout sessions don’t come out to be fruitful, you must not give up on the training. Instead, you need to reschedule your muscle-building sessions and come up with something effective this time.
Keep reading to know the top 6 effective ways to gain muscle mass and retain them for as long as ever.
1. Improve Strength & Endurance First
If you’re a beginner who wishes to tone the muscles, then you need to slow down. Instead of jumping straight to the muscle building workouts, focus on taking your strength to higher levels. With better strength and ability to endure, you are likely to benefit from the muscle training workouts. Along with this, it increases your ability to perform hours of training without significant muscle fatigue. When you work on improving the core strength, the body builds up muscle fibers faster than ever. What’s even better is that it helps your body target the muscles that make a major difference in the overall appeal.
- Decreases The Chances of Undergoing Injuries and helps in focussing on the right parts of your body. That way, you can make the most out of just an hour-long muscle gain session.
- Improves Holistic Health as the core strength lies in the most important physiological systems of your body. From the central nervous system to the gastrointestinal system, core strengthening workout helps every vital organ.
2. Incorporate More Protein In Your Diet
To transform your muscle, gaining spree into a successful one, you must consume at least 200 grams of protein per day. It helps increase the synthesis of hormones and enzymes and maintains the fluid balance of the body. Since this macronutrient is the major component and building block of muscles, it becomes essential to consume enough protein-rich foods. With better protein levels, your body synthesizes muscle fibres at a faster pace. Overall, this results in better muscle mass and makes you achieve the ideal physique in no time. Apart from proteins, you might also consider the steroids that enhance the protein-uptake. Stick to a high-protein diet and couple it up with buying anabolic steroids for better results.
3. Stick To Compound Exercises
Compound exercises are the most effective ones as they target multiple groups of muscles at the same time. That means you can build different muscle groups with the same exercise. When it comes to gaining muscle faster, these versatile exercises work effectively. It is because they improve muscle mass and stimulate hormonal secretion—some hormones like testosterone, help enhance the efficacy of your workout session by promoting muscle replication. Stick to compound lifts and pair it up with some isolated workouts like leg raises once in a while.
- Squats are the wholesome exercises that target the multiple muscles simultaneously. Some muscle groups like glutes, quadriceps, calves, and hamstrings are the major focus during this workout.
- Deadlifts, high-intensity weight lifting exercises are ideal for muscle gain and improvement. This also increases the fat burning rate and makes you retain the gained muscle. Other benefits include better grip strength and top-notch posture.
- Pull Ups are the compound exercises that not only focus on the back muscles but also make you gain the arm and shoulder muscles. Along with this, it improves the functioning of other physiological systems.
4. Get Your Sleep
Muscle recovery requires at least 8 to 9 hours of undisturbed sleep. Often, you end up losing sleep after a strenuous workout session. This is probably the most common reason for not achieving optimum results in time. Apart from heavy workout sessions, you need to devote proper time to muscle recovery. During the REM phase of sleep, your body undergoes recovery related to every physiological system. That’s when the broken muscle fragments repair and regenerate to come out as a muscle pump. Also, our body releases growth hormones that provide additional benefits to the muscle regeneration process.
- Accelerates Muscle Growth by releasing various hormones like Growth Hormone. This helps in repairing the damaged muscles and increases the replication of the muscle cells.
- Optimum Sleep Environment like a dark, quiet, and warm room is the ideal way to gain muscle mass. Undisturbed sleep provides better brain functioning, which in turn makes restoration of muscles faster.
5. Give Proper Time To Each Muscle
If you spend at least 4 to 5 days on your workout, try splitting the days for specific muscle groups. You can gain muscle faster by working every body part at least twice per week. Also, it helps in planning your muscle training sessions feasibly. While assigning days to particular parts of the body, the best way is to consider muscle proximity. Try focusing on muscle groups that are near each other on a particular day. That way, you don’t have to perform diverse exercises on a single day itself.
Similar Groups Of Muscles
- Quadriceps, Glutes, Hamstrings, and Calves are present in the same part of the body. Hence, you need to focus on these muscles on the same day. Try doing some squats, deadlifts, leg raises, and glute bridges to target the muscles of the lower limb.
- Rectus Abdominis, Latissimus Dorsi, and Transversus Abdominis comprise mainly the core and back muscles. Devote at least two days to these muscle groups.
- Triceps, Biceps, and Deltoid Muscles revolve around the shoulder exercises. You might consider the workouts targeting these muscle groups on particular days.
6. Stay Hydrated:
Dehydration is one of the major reasons behind slow muscle gain. Your muscle cells require enough water to replicate and function properly. It calls for higher water intake, ranging from 2 to 4 Litres per day. You might consider other alternatives like fruit juice, smoothies, or other healthy beverages. Also, try incorporating a detox drink to your diet for the timely removal of the toxins that accumulate over time. It will help you gain muscle faster and retain the gains for a longer duration.
When it comes to building muscle, there’s no shortcut method. You must adhere to the ideal ways for at least 6 to 7 months and remain patient throughout. If you’re unable to observe the changes after extensive workout months, try reconsidering your technique. One of the best ways to gain muscle is through strength training. Other than that, you might also consider focussing on specific muscle groups on particular days. Incorporate the unique ways mentioned above to improve the muscle mass without any extra efforts.