Elizabeth II is Queen of the United Kingdom and 14 other Commonwealth realms. Elizabeth was born in Mayfair, London, as the first child of the Duke and Duchess of York. When her father died in February 1952, Elizabeth—then 25 years old—became Queen regnant of seven independent Commonwealth countries: the United Kingdom, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Pakistan, and Ceylon, as well as Head of the Commonwealth.
Significant events have included the Queen’s coronation in 1953 and the celebrations of her Silver, Golden, Diamond, and Platinum jubilees in 1977, 2002, 2012, and 2022 respectively.
Queen Elizabeth is the longest-lived and longest-reigning British monarch, the longest-serving female head of state, the oldest living and longest-reigning current monarch, and the oldest and longest-serving incumbent head of state.
Let’s read some quotes by one of the greatest British monarchs of all time Queen Elizabeth II.
Queen Elizabeth II Inspirational Quotes
Queen Elizabeth II transcends national borders. She is rightly said to be the Queen of the world. During her years on the throne, she has consistently championed the best human virtues:
- Faith in God
- Love for one’s country
- Love for nature and animals
- Commitment to her duty
It would be impossible to find a finer living example of humanity than her.
She is an extremely strong monarch and a very ambitious and independent woman. We all desire to imbibe her determined personality within us, an epitome of perfection. She’s an inspiration for women and people, in general, all across the globe.
Let’s read some motivational quotes by this highly esteemed monarch who will inspire us to go ahead in life and contribute to our society.
1. “When life seems hard, the courageous do not lie down and accept defeat; instead, they are all the more determined to struggle for a better future.” — Queen Elizabeth II
2. “The world is not the most pleasant place. Eventually, your parents leave you and nobody is going to go out of their way to protect you unconditionally. You need to learn to stand up for yourself and what you believe and sometimes, pardon my language, kick some ass.” — Queen Elizabeth II
3. “I know of no single formula for success. But over the years I have observed that some attributes of leadership are universal and are often about finding ways of encouraging people to combine their efforts, their talents, their insights, their enthusiasm and their inspiration to work together.” — Queen Elizabeth II
4. “Work is the rent you pay for the room you occupy on earth.” — Queen Elizabeth II
5. “I have to be seen to be believed.” — Queen Elizabeth II
6. “Cowards falter, but danger is often overcome by those who nobly dare.” — Queen Elizabeth II
7. “I should like to be a horse.” — Queen Elizabeth II
8. “I hope people will think very carefully about the future.” — Queen Elizabeth II
9.”There are long periods when life seems a small, dull round, a petty business with no point, and then suddenly we are caught up in some great event which gives us a glimpse of the solid and durable foundations of our existence.” — Queen Elizabeth II
10.”It’s all to do with the training: you can do a lot if you’re properly trained.” — Queen Elizabeth II
11. “Families, friends and communities often find a source of courage rising up from within. Indeed, sadly, it seems that it is tragedy that often draws out the most and the best from the human spirit.” — Queen Elizabeth II
12. “I have behind me not only the splendid traditions and the annals of more than a thousand years but the living strength and majesty of the Commonwealth and Empire; of societies old and new; of lands and races different in history and origins but all, by God’s Will, united in spirit and in aim.” — Queen Elizabeth II
13. “What were once only hopes for the future have now come to pass.” — Queen Elizabeth II
14. “Therefore I am sure that this, my Coronation, is not the symbol of a power and a splendour that are gone but a declaration of our hopes for the future, and for the years I may, by God’s Grace and Mercy, be given to reign and serve you as your Queen.” — Queen Elizabeth II
15. “The upward course of a nation’s history is due in the long run to the soundness of heart of its average men and women” — Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Elizabeth Quotes On Love, Family, Happiness And Peace
It’s no secret that Queen Elizabeth adores the outdoors. She loves her horses, and dogs and driving her cars very fast. She is quite witty. She enjoys blending in despite being in the spotlight for most of her life.
According to Haerra, “She loves receiving guests, and knows how to put people at ease. At Buckingham Palace, she stands at the top of the stairs, welcoming everyone. She is wonderful at mixing old and new friends. The Queen loved dancing to her favorite tunes by Lester Lanin, whose orchestra played at some of her parties.”
Let’s read some quotes which illustrate her nature and the values she believes in –
16. “Good memories are our second chance at happiness.” — Queen Elizabeth II
17. “Let us not take ourselves too seriously. None of us has a monopoly on wisdom.” — Queen Elizabeth II
18. “I declare before you all that my whole life, whether it be long or short, shall be devoted to your service and the service of our great imperial family to which we all belong.” — Queen Elizabeth II
19. vFamily does not necessarily mean blood relatives but often a description of a community, organisation or nation.” — Queen Elizabeth II
20. “It has been women who have breathed gentleness and care into the hard progress of humankind.” — Queen Elizabeth II
21. “Grief is the price we pay for love.” — Queen Elizabeth II
22. “We all need to get the balance right between action and reflection. With so many distractions, it is easy to forget to pause and take stock.” — Queen Elizabeth II
23. “I don’t like to badmouth people. But I’m the head of a monarchy that began in the ninth century, and I’m apparently more modern than Chris Christie. Look, I know he has to appeal to the crazy right-wingers in his party, but the fact is, he’s not as forward-thinking as an eighty-seven-year-old lady who wears a crown on her head. It’s pathetic.” — Queen Elizabeth II
24. “I cannot lead you into battle. I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else – I can give my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations.” — Queen Elizabeth II
25. “For me, heaven is likely to be a bit of a come-down.” — Queen Elizabeth II
26. “True patriotism doesn’t exclude an understanding of the patriotism of others.” — Queen Elizabeth II
27. “To what greater inspiration and counsel can we turn than to the imperishable truth to be found in this treasure house, the Bible?” — Queen Elizabeth II
28. “For Christians, as for all people of faith, reflection, meditation and prayer help us to renew ourselves in God’s love, as we strive daily to become better people. The Christmas message shows us that this love is for everyone. There is no one beyond its reach.” — Queen Elizabeth II
29. “Like all the best families, we have our share of eccentricities, of impetuous and wayward youngsters and of family disagreements.” — Queen Elizabeth II
30. “[Before each of numerous portrait sittings:] Now then, with teeth or without?” — Queen Elizabeth II
31. “Think what we would have missed if we had never … used a mobile phone or surfed the Net — or, to be honest, listened to other people talking about surfing the Net.” — Queen Elizabeth II
32. “It has perhaps always been the case that the waging of peace is the hardest form of leadership of all.” — Queen Elizabeth II
33. “They are not royal. They just happen to have me as their aunt.” — Queen Elizabeth II
34. “My husband has quite simply been my strength and stay all these years, and I owe him a debt greater than he would ever claim.” — Queen Elizabeth II
35. “In remembering the appalling suffering of war on both sides, we recognise how precious is the peace we have built in Europe since 1945.” — Queen Elizabeth II
Miscellaneous Queen Elizabeth Quotes
An epitome of success through hard work, we should look up to her for living through adversity and emerging with grace. “Keep calm and carry on” might be her key motto in life. Queen Elizabeth has enjoyed remarkable longevity. Her lively spirit and enthusiastic zeal in life keep her going and living a fulfilling life.
36. “I myself prefer my New Zealand eggs for breakfast.” — Queen Elizabeth II
37. “It has turned out to be an annus horribilis.” — Queen Elizabeth II
38. “We lost the American colonies because we lacked the statesmanship to know the right time and the manner of yielding what is impossible to keep.” — Queen Elizabeth II
39. “[On the 1982 intruder into her bedroom:] I realized immediately that it wasn’t a servant because they don’t slam doors.” — Queen Elizabeth II
40. “The British Constitution has always been puzzling and always will be.” — Queen Elizabeth II
41. “To all those who have suffered as a consequence of our troubled past I extend my sincere thoughts and deep sympathy. With the benefit of historical hindsight we can all see things which we would wish had been done differently or not at all.” — Queen Elizabeth II
42. “1992 is not a year I shall look back on with undiluted pleasure. In the words of one of my more sympathetic correspondents, it hasturned out to be an Annus Horribilis.” — Queen Elizabeth II
43. “At Christmas, I am always struck by how the spirit of togetherness lies also at the heart of the Christmas story. A young mother and a dutiful father with their baby were joined by poor shepherds and visitors from afar. They came with their gifts to worship the Christ child.” — Queen Elizabeth II
44. “These wretched babies don’t come until they are ready.” — Queen Elizabeth II
45. “It is easy enough to define what the Commonwealth is not. Indeed this is quite a popular pastime.” — Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Elizabeth II is revered and mystified as to the iron woman who has held her country and family together through trials and tribulations. She defends her vast empire fearlessly and performs her duties and responsibilities to the best of her abilities. She is also credited with modernizing many aspects of the monarchy. In February 2022, Queen Elizabeth II celebrated her Platinum Jubilee—marking seven decades of her service to the Commonwealth.
Let’s read some more quotes by one of the greatest monarchs ever in history Queen Elizabeth II, who is highly esteemed by the entire global populace –
46. “Football’s a difficult business and aren’t they prima donnas. But it’s a wonderful game.” — Queen Elizabeth II
47. “[On being criticized for her serious expression:] I simply ache from smiling. Why are women expected to beam all the time? It’s unfair. If a man looks solemn, it’s automatically assumed he’s a serious person, not a miserable one.” — Queen Elizabeth II
48. “I believe that there is a great fear in our generation of being labeled as priggish.” — Queen Elizabeth II
49. “In the turbulence of this anxious and active world many people are leading uneventful, lonely lives. To them dreariness, not disaster, is the enemy. They seldom realize that on their steadfastness, on their ability to withstand the fatigue of dull repetitive work, and on their courage in meeting constant small adversities depend in great measure the happiness and prosperity of the community as a whole. … The upward course of a nation’s history is due in the long run to the soundness of heart of its average men and women.” — Queen Elizabeth II
50. “[To a woman whose cellphone rang during a formal meeting:] You’d better answer that. It could be someone important.” — Queen Elizabeth II
51. “It is as queen of Canada that I am here. Queen of Canada and all Canadians, not just one or two ancestral strains.” — Queen Elizabeth II
52. “This new power, which has proved itself to be such a terrifying weapon of destruction, is harnessed for the first time for the common good of our community.” — Queen Elizabeth II
53. “Experience shows that great enterprises seldom end with a tidy and satisfactory flourish. Together, we are doing our best to re-establish peace and civil order in the Gulf region, and to help those members of civil and ethnic minorities who continue to suffer through no fault of their own. If we succeed, our military success will have achieved its true objective.” — Queen Elizabeth II
54. “I have been aware all the time that my peoples, spread far and wide throughout every continent and ocean in the world, were united to support me in the task to which I have now been dedicated with such solemnity.” — Queen Elizabeth II
55. “First, I want to pay tribute to Diana myself. She was an exceptional and gifted human being. In good times and bad, she never lost her capacity to smile and laugh, nor to inspire others with her warmth and kindness. I admired and respected her – for her energy and commitment to others, and especially for her devotion to her two boys.” — Queen Elizabeth II