Say it loud and proud – family makes you strong.
Family is the closest thing we have to “magic”. It can transform a bad day into something great, a small moment into an everlasting memory, and a routine hectic life into happiness. Our family is our roots and wings; they support and help us grow. Both in pleased and heartbreaking times, they are the ones who stick by us and share our joys and griefs.
Family is the most important thing in life. The family is the people you love, who laugh with, cry, and share your deepest secrets. Family is a reflection of a person’s true colors.
Family Quotes That Hit Close to Home
Family is the place where we learn about unconditional love. A warm hug from your children and their friends makes you feel like a million bucks.
Spending quality time with family and participating in family activities together positively impacts one’s mental well-being, leading to a better and more fulfilling life.
This is a collection of great quotes on family. These quotes on family help to inspire and motivate you, urging you to be the best parent, wife, and husband.
1. “It didn’t matter how big our house was; it mattered that there was love in it.” — Peter Buffett
2. “Call it a clan, call it a network, call it a tribe, call it a family: Whatever you call it, whoever you are, you need one.” — Jane Howard
3. “Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” — David Ogden Stiers
4. “We may have our differences, but nothing’s more important than family.” –Miguel (Coco)
5. “The bond that links your true family is not one of blood, but of respect and joy in each other’s life.” – Richard Bach
6. “A happy family is but an earlier heaven.” – George Bernard Shaw
7. “Being a family means you are a part of something very wonderful. It means you will love and be loved for the rest of your life.” – Lisa Weed
8. “Happiness is having a large, loving, caring, close-knit family in another city.” ― George Burns
9. “A family is a risky venture, because the greater the love, the greater the loss… That’s the trade-off. But I’ll take it all.” — Brad Pitt
10. “The strength of a family, like the strength of an army, lies in its loyalty to each other.” – Mario Puzo
11. The most important thing in the world is family and love.” – John Wooden
12. “When everything goes to hell, the people who stand by you without flinching–they are your family.” – Jim Butcher
13. “To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there.” — Barbara Bush
14. “In family life, love is the oil that eases friction, the cement that binds closer together, and the music that brings harmony.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
15. “The other night I ate at a real nice family restaurant. Every table had an argument going.” — George Carlin
16. “Families are messy. Immortal families are eternally messy. Sometimes the best we can do is to remind each other that we’re related for better or for worse…and try to keep the maiming and killing to a minimum.” ― Rick Riordan
17. “Family is not an important thing. It’s everything.” –Michael J. Fox
18. “Family faces are magic mirrors. Looking at people who belong to us, we see the past, present, and future.” – Gail Lumet Buckley
19. “The greatest thing in family life is to take a hint when a hint is intended-and not to take a hint when a hint isn’t intended.” — Robert Frost
20. “The family is one of nature’s masterpieces.” – George Santayana
Quotes Which Demonstrate Family Members Are The Strongest Pillars In One’s Life
Families that describe themselves as strong share several broad qualities or traits. Family is the best form of support. Your family will always be there for you no matter what, no matter how unexpecting and totally unexpected life throws at them, they will always be there.
Strong families are representatives of:
- Appreciation and affection.
- Positive communication.
- Enjoyable time together.
- Spiritual well-being.
- Successful management of stress and crisis.
Let’s read some quotes by some of the most famous and wisest people who enable us to understand the importance of a family even better and more profound.
21. “Families are the compass that guides us. They are the inspiration to reach great heights, and our comfort when we occasionally falter.” – Brad Henry
22. “You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.” — Khalil Gibran
23. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.” — Haniel Long
24. “A man should never neglect his family for business.” — Walt Disney
25. “The homemaker has the ultimate career. All other careers exist for one purpose only – and that is to support the ultimate career.” ― C.S. Lewis
26. “Sister is probably the most competitive relationship within the family, but once the sisters are grown, it becomes the strongest relationship.¨ — Margaret Mead
27. “Everyone needs a house to live in, but a supportive family is what builds a home.” – Anthony Liccione
28. ¨There is no such thing as fun for the whole family.¨ — Jerry Seinfeld
29. “My grandmother started walking five miles a day when she was sixty. She’s ninety-seven now, and we don’t know where the heck she is.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
30. “You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them.¨ — Desmond Tutu
31. “Parents are like God because you wanna know they’re out there, and you want them to think well of you, but you really only call when you need something.”― Chuck Palahniuk
32. “The informality of family life is a blessed condition that allows us all to become our best while looking our worst.” – Marge Kennedy
33. “The greatest gift of family life is to be intimately acquainted with people you might never even introduce yourself to, had life not done it for you.” — Kendall Hailey
34. ¨I know all those words, but that sentence makes no sense to me.”― Matt Groening
35. “Having a place to go is a home. Having someone to love is a family. Having both is a blessing.” – Donna Hedges
36. “Being part of a family means smiling for photos.” –Harry Morgan
37. “That’s what people do who love you. They put their arms around you and love you when you’re not so lovable.”― Deb Caletti
38. “There’s nothing that makes you more insane than family. Or more happy, or more exasperated, or more secure.” – Jim Butcher
39. “Family is family.” – Linda Linney
40. “In time of test, family is best.” – Burmese Proverb
Quotes Which Demonstrate Family Provides Unconditional Love, Security, And Support
Your family is one of the most priceless gifts that God showered you in your life. It has a big contribution in molding you as the person you have become today. There is no greater love than a parent’s love for their child. Everyone may abandon you, but your family will be there through thick and thin.
Here are some quotes which illustrate the need for togetherness and selfless love in a family.
41. “If the family were a boat, it would be a canoe that makes no progress unless everyone paddles.” – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
42. “One day you will do things for me that you hate. That is what it means to be family.”― Jonathan Safran Foer
43. “I am blessed to have so many great things in my life – family, friends, and God. All will be in my thoughts daily.” –Lil’ Kim
44. “I have learned that to be with those I like is enough.”― Walt Whitman
45. “The family–that dear octopus from whose tentacles we never quite escape, nor, in our inmost hearts, ever quite wish to.” – Dodie Smith
46. “The family is the first essential cell of human society.” – Pope John XXIII
47. “My dear young cousin, if there’s one thing I’ve learned over the eons, it’s that you can’t give up on your family, no matter how tempting they make it.” ― Rick Riordan
48. “Rejoice with your family in the beautiful land of life.” – Albert Einstein
49. “Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.” –Romans 12:9
50. “Sticking with your family is what makes it a family.” – Mitch Albom
Best Family Sayings
Family is priceless and matchless. There is no greater happiness anyone could feel when he or she has his or her family by the side. The joy you could see in the eyes of a proud mother and father overwhelms your soul. You work hard to provide the best comfort and lifestyle for your family.
You must be thankful if you have a family with you today. You are one of the luckiest people on this planet. Always make them feel how blessed you are to have them. Simple acts can make your family feel proud of you. Treasure them and try your best to reciprocate their unconditional love and affection towards you.
51. “What can you do to promote world peace? Go home and love your family.” — Mother Teresa
52. “It’s all about the quality of life and finding a happy balance between work and friends and family.” – Philip Green
53. “If you cannot get rid of the family skeleton, you may as well make it dance.” ― George Bernard Shaw
54. “Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world.”― Napoleon Bonaparte
55. “Family and friendships are two of the greatest facilitators of happiness.” –John C. Maxwell
56. “Parents were the only ones obligated to love you; from the rest of the world you had to earn it.”― Ann Brashares
57. “Nothing is better than going home to family and eating good food and relaxing.” – Irina Shayk
58. “Family and friends are hidden treasures, seek them and enjoy their riches.” – Wanda Hope Carter
59. “Friends are the family you choose.”― Jess C. Scott
60. “Other things may change us, but we start and end with the family.” ― Anthony Brandt