Life can be stressful sometimes, but don’t let that get in the way of your peace of mind. Whatever you’re going through, take a breath and just stay calm.
When we feel overwhelmed with anxiety and tension, there are several paths we can take to calm down and restore our inner peace. Some people prefer yoga, whereas others seek respite amidst nature or meditation.
Reading is an excellent way to compose yourself. So, take a seat, tune into some calm music and enjoy a peaceful ride by reading some quotes.
Inner Peace Quotes
Here are some quotes which will instill tranquility within us.
1. “Peace begins with a smile.” — Mother Teresa
2. “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. Nothing can bring you peace but the triumph of principles.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
3. “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama
4. “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
5. “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.” ― John Lennon, Imagine
6. “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” ― Michael Cunningham, The Hours
7. “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” ― Albert Einstein
8. “When you do the right thing, you get the feeling of peace and serenity associated with it. Do it again and again.” ― Roy T. Bennett
9. “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” ― Siddhārtha Gautama
10. “You have peace when you make it with yourself.” ― Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet in Heaven
11. “If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.” — Lao Tzu
12. “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” — President John F. Kennedy
13. “Peace is always beautiful.” ― Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass
14. “It is not enough to win a war; it is more important to organize the peace.” ― Aristotle
15. “When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world.”— Maha Ghosananda
16. “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” ― Marianne Williamson
17. “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” — Edith Wharton
18. “Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
19. “Love is the purest form of a soul at peace.” ― Matthew Donnelly
20. “The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” — C. JoyBell C.
Quotes To Bring Calmness In Your Spirit
Peace remains a goal for introspective individuals around the world. The lifelong search for inner peace challenges us to learn more about ourselves while allowing us to evolve with the seasons. We all desire harmony and alignment. Peace is instilled in our minds. Thankfully, there are a lot of wise people who have taught us the value of serenity, tranquillity, and love.
The quotes on our list capture all forms of peace.
21. “You should feel beautiful and you should feel safe. What you surround yourself with should bring you peace of mind and peace of spirit.” — Stacy London
22. “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.” ― Marvin Gaye
23. “Peace is not something you wish for. It is something you make, something you are, something you do, and something you give away.” ― Robert Fulghum
24. “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” ― Albert Schweitzer
25. “Let go of the thoughts that don’t make you strong.” — Karen Salmansohn
26. “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” — Nelson Mandela
27. “Many people think excitement is happiness… But when you are excited, you are not peaceful. True happiness is based on peace.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh, The Art of Power
28. “You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.”― Indira Gandhi
29. “Peace is the only battle worth waging.” ― Albert Camus
30. “Peace is a journey of a thousand miles, and it must be taken one step at a time.” — President Lyndon B. Johnson
Patience Quotes To Move Forward In Life
Patience is the ability to remain calm when dealing with a difficult task, situation, or person. Patience is indeed a virtue and a blessing in disguise. Being able to persevere, tolerate delay, and respond to stressful situations without annoyance or anger are all incredibly valuable and noble personality traits.
Let’s read some quotes to understand the importance of patience.
31. “Patience is not simply the ability to wait—it’s how we behave while we’re waiting.” – Joyce Meyer
32. “Patience attracts happiness; it brings near that which is far.” – Swahili Proverb
33. “One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life.” – Chinese Proverb
34. “Patience and wisdom walk hand in hand, like two one-armed lovers.” – Jarod Kintz
35. “Patience is the calm acceptance that things can happen in a different order than the one you have in your mind.” – David G. Allen
36. “Patience is power. Patience is not an absence of action; rather it is ‘timing.’ It waits on the right time to act, for the right principles, and in the right way.” – Fulton J. Sheen
37. “Patience is necessary, and one cannot reap immediately where one has sown.” – Soren Kierkegaard
38. “Patience is not the ability to wait. Patience is to be calm no matter what happens, constantly take action to turn it into positive growth opportunities, and have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting.” – Roy T. Bennett
39. “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
40. “The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it.” – Arnold H. Glasow
41. “Patience is the best remedy for every trouble.” – Plautus
42. “Our patience will achieve more than our force.” – Edmund Burke
43. “Patience is waiting. Not passively waiting. That is laziness. But to keep going when the going is hard and slow—that is patience.” – Anonymous
44. “The two most powerful warriors are patience and time.” – Leo Tolstoy
45. “Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it’s cowardice.” – George Jackson
Patience Quotes To Guide Your Life
Patience helps one to tide over tough times. It enables you to sail your ship smoothly amidst storms and the mighty sea of life.
People tend to seek instant gratification in today’s world—getting what we want when we want it. The world doesn’t work that way, though.
One has to tirelessly persevere to achieve everything one wants in life, from the most critical goals to even the smallest ones.
To help you improve on your patience, we’ve collected some of the wisest quotes emphasizing the importance of patience.
46. “Patience can’t be acquired overnight. It is just like building up a muscle. Every day you need to work on it.” – Eknath Easwaran
47. “Learning patience can be a difficult experience, but once conquered, you will find life is easier.” – Catherine Pulsifer
48. “You must first have a lot of patience to learn to have patience.” – Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
49. “There are three secrets to managing. The first secret is have patience. The second is be patient. And the third most important secret is patience.” – Chuck Tanner
50. “The world gives us plenty of opportunities to strengthen our patience. While this truth can definitely be challenging, this is a good thing. Patience is a key that unlocks the door to a more fulfilling life. It is through a cultivation of patience that we become better parents, powerful teachers, great businessmen, good friends, and a live a happier life.” – Steve Maraboli
51. “Be patient. Patience is the mother of all virtues.” – Hrithik Roshan
52. “Have patience with all things. But first of all with yourself.” – Saint Francis de Sales
53. “Be patient and understanding. Life is too short to be vengeful or malicious.” – Phillips Brooks
54. “Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy.” – Saadi
55. “Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
56. “Learn the art of patience. Apply discipline to your thoughts when they become anxious over the outcome of a goal. Impatience breeds anxiety, fear, discouragement, and failure. Patience creates confidence, decisiveness, and a rational outlook, which eventually leads to success.” – Brian Adams
57. “Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
58. “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” – Greek proverb
59. “Patience is the art of hoping.” – Luc de Clapiers
60. “Patience is the key to contentment.” – The Prophet Muhammad