We all are too busy in our daily lives, as this is what the fast-paced modern society demands. It is definitely praiseworthy that you pay attention and give energy to your work and goals. Still, it shouldn’t come at the cost of ignoring your family and loved ones. And you shouldn’t delude yourself that someone is not picking up your calls or replying to your text messages just because he or she is too busy.
There are times when we are too busy, and it causes us to suffer in many aspects of our life. Sometimes, it happens so subtly that we don’t realize what’s happening until it’s too late: a broken marriage, strained relationships with the kids, health scares, and anxiety attacks.
Here are some selected quotes that give us a deep insight into the matter when people say they are too busy.
Quotes When Someone Is Too Busy
1. “If he’s not calling you, it’s because you are not on his mind. If he creates expectations for you, and then doesn’t follow through on little things, he will do same for big things. Be aware of this and realize that he’s okay with disappointing you. Don’t be with someone who doesn’t do what they say they’re going to do. If he’s choosing not to make a simple effort that would put you at ease and bring harmony to a recurring fight, then he doesn’t respect your feelings and needs. “Busy” is another word for “asshole.” “Asshole” is another word for the guy you’re dating. You deserve a fcking phone call.” – Greg Behrendt
2. “Never be so busy as not to think of others.” – Mother Teresa
3. “Instead of saying “I don’t have time” try saying “it’s not a priority,” and see how that feels. Often, that’s a perfectly adequate explanation. I have time to iron my sheets, I just don’t want to. But other things are harder. Try it: “I’m not going to edit your résumé, sweetie, because it’s not a priority.” “I don’t go to the doctor because my health is not a priority.” If these phrases don’t sit well, that’s the point. Changing our language reminds us that time is a choice. If we don’t like how we’re spending an hour, we can choose differently.” – Wall Street Journal
4. “And if they thought her aimless, if they thought her a bit mad, let them. It meant they left her alone. Marya was not aimless, anyway. She was thinking.” – Catherynne M. Valente
5. “Those who are wise won’t be busy, and those who are too busy can’t be wise.” – Lin Yutang
6. “They tell you: Follow your dreams. Listen to your spirit. Change the world. Make your mark. Find your inner voice and make it sing. Embrace failure. Dream. Dream and dream big. As a matter of fact, dream and don’t stop dreaming until your dream comes true. I think that’s crap.
I think a lot of people dream. And while they are busy dreaming, the really happy people, the really successful people, the really interesting, powerful, engaged people? Are busy doing.” – Shonda Rhimes
7. “Problem with an old friend who is too busy: he always perceives you as if never changed.” – Toba Beta
8. “When someone tells you they are too ‘busy’… It’s not a reflection of their schedule; it’s a reflection of YOUR spot on their schedule.” – Steve Maraboli
9. “It is not enough to be busy; so are the ants. The question is: What are we busy about?” – Henry David Thoreau
10. “Being busy is better than being bored. Bored left a long time ago. Busy is always around for me.” –Tabitha Robin
11. “I wanted to figure out why I was so busy, but I couldn’t find the time to do it.” – Todd Stocker
12. “Busy hands achieve more than idle tongues.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
13. “Have you noticed that even the busiest people are never too busy to take time to tell you how busy they are?” – Bob Talbert
14. “I’m not ignoring you. I’m busy building my empire.” – Moosa Rahat
15. “Busyness chokes deep thinking.” – Todd Stocker
Too Busy Quotes To Reflect On What You’ve Been Missing Out
Any kind of relationship has phases when one person can become distant from the other, but if your partner/friend is suddenly too busy for you, experts say it could be part of a much bigger problem. It can be a sneaky way of withdrawing from the relationship.
To solve this, you must communicate. Talk to your partner directly and ask them exactly what keeps them busy and how the both of you can make time for each other. You’ve been missing out on your romantic dates and intimate conversations. This phase might become tumultuous if you just keep on waiting forever.
It also applies to your close friends and relatives. However closely bonded you’ve been before, distancing weakens the connections and eventually leads people to forget you. Let’s read some quotes about people being too busy to keep in touch with you.
16. “Some of us are busy doing things; some of us are busy complaining.” – Debasish Mridha
17. “God is busy and has no time for you.” – Dejan Stojanovic, The Sun Watches the Sun
18. “Making something take longer than necessary is probably the worst example of work ethic and is patently lazy, but looks busy…not cool.” – Richie Norton
19. “In consequence, when the pleasures have been removed which busy people derive from their actual activities, the mind cannot endure the house, the solitude, the walls, and hates to observe its own isolation. From this arises that boredom and self-dissatisfaction, that turmoil of a restless mind and gloomy and grudging endurance of our leisure, especially when we are ashamed to admit the reasons for it and our sense of shame drives the agony inward, and our desires are trapped in narrow bounds without escape and stifle themselves. From this arise melancholy and mourning and a thousand vacillations of a wavering mind, buoyed up by the birth of hope and sickened by the death of it. From this arises the state of mind of those who loathe their own leisure and complain that they have nothing to do, and the bitterest envy at the promotion of others. For unproductive idleness nurtures malice, and because they themselves could not prosper they want everyone else to be ruined. Then from this dislike of others’ success and despair of their own, their minds become enraged against fortune, complain about the times, retreat into obscurity, and brood over their own sufferings until they become sick and tired of themselves.” – Seneca
20. “Be busy with your free life.” – Amit Abraham
21. “I like the pace of my world. It’s busy, but for me, the less I do the lazier I get.” – Hoda Kotb, Hoda: How I Survived War
22. “People who endure suffering are taken beneath the routine busyness of life and find they are not who they believed themselves to be.” – David Brooks
23. “Being bored is more useful than being busy.” – Maxime Lagacé
24. “Being busy is as good as doing nothing.. practicing deliberate nothingness is a form of meditation.” – Jaya Bhateja
25. “Sometimes, “busy” is shorthand for something else, in the same way that “tired” can mean anything from physically exhausted to extremely depressed.” – Adam J. Kurtz, You Are Here (for Now): A Guide to Finding Your Way
26. “A tree never complains about the winter because she is busy getting ready to bloom during the spring and summer.” – Debasish Mridha
27. “Overwhelming ! People think about jumping off bridges . . . when they see what I have on my plate . . . and that’s just before lunch.” – Kevin Kolenda
28. “Busy feels great, but busy is usually tactical, not strategic. If you have time in which you’re investing in yourself while at work, and your boss is cool with it—give yourself a point.” –Michael Lopp, Managing Humans: Biting and Humorous Tales of a Software Engineering Manager
29. “It is still painful for me to wait for your calls while you’re too busy celebrating your victory in which I have supported you so much.” –Srinivas Mishra
30. “Lucid dreams show us the inner realities of existence which we have either been too busy or afraid to recognize.” – Michael Bassey Johnson, The Oneironaut’s Diary
31. “Taking just an hour off from your busy schedule and working on your own health can do wonders for you.” –Pooja Agnihotri, 17 Reasons Why Businesses Fail :Unscrew Yourself From Business Failure
32. “It’s amazing how busy someone gets when they have no interest in connecting with you.” – Steve Maraboli
33. “Being busy has its perk, and every perk comes with certain limitations. Friends drifting away because you’re a bit busy is one of the many limitations.” – Sarvesh Jain
34. “Success usually comes to those who are too busy to be looking for it.” –Surya Raj
35. “Being busy doesn’t mean being productive.” – Aniekee Tochukwu Ezekiel
36. “Righteous multitasking is taking care of business on Earth while staying focused on The Great I Am, God.” – VaeEshia Ratcliff-Davis
37. “I’m too busy’ is another way of saying, ‘It’s not a priority.” –Frank Sonnenberg, Listen to Your Conscience: That’s Why You Have One
38. “Time also flies when you’re really fuckin’ busy.” – A.D. Aliwat, In Limbo
39. “Some people are too busy to find ways to save time.” – Frank Sonnenberg, Listen to Your Conscience: That’s Why You Have One
40. “Some people think that looking busy makes them more productive.” –Frank Sonnenberg
Too Busy Quotes To Realize Your Importance In Someone Else’s Life
It’s all about Priorities.
It is not true that people don’t have time for you – they have; they just don’t want to spend it on you. People always make time for the important things in their life. If you are important to them, they will be there. If not, they will always be ‘busy’ with other things. As simple as that.
The most important and valuable thing in any person’s life is time. Time is the only thing in the world that we can’t buy.
So, why would you waste your time and energy on someone who obviously doesn’t care about you?
Rather, focus on nurturing relationships with those special people in your life who are always there for you, and you don’t have to beg for their attention. Become busy developing yourself.
Let’s go through some quotes which talk about being busy in life.
41. “No matter how busy and important you think you are, you cannot reject nature’s call.” –Michael Bassey Johnson, Song of a Nature Lover
42. “Being busy is not an excuse for being rude. Circumstances don’t change you, it just reflects your inner self.” – Sarvesh Jain
43. “The enemy loves my busyness because he knows what “busy” really means: “Being Under Satan’s Yoke.” It’s not a glamorous distraction, but it’s highly effective in removing me from the front lines of spiritual warfare.” – Kim Meeder, Encountering Our Wild God: Ways to Experience His Untamable Presence Every Day
44. “We are not that busy; we are just distracted.” – Shawn Wells, The Energy Formula: Six life-changing ingredients to unleash your limitless potential
45. “No matter how busy you become in life, you’ll always find time for people who’re too busy avoiding you.” – Nitya Prakash
46. “A proud person is always busy looking down on those below him that he hardly looks up to recognize those above him.” – Vincent Okay Nwachukwu, Weighty ‘n’ Worthy African Proverbs – Volume 1
47. “You will become impressive the day to stop trying. You will become successful the day you stop being busy.” – Maxime Lagacé
48. “Somebody says, sorry I am very busy, means you are not very important to them. Everybody divides their time according to their priorities.” – Biju Karakkonam, Nature and Wildlife Photographer
49. “Still your waters. If you’re constantly busy, you can’t learn about yourself. If you don’t learn about yourself, how can you become peaceful?” – Maxime Lagacé
50. “Haven’t you learned by now that it’s always one thing after another? Being busy is no excuse. Everyone’s busy.” – Patricia C. Wrede, Searching for Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #2)
51. “I asked myself, “Who would I be if I weren’t busy? What would be left of my life and me after I removed excess stuff from my home and allowed my day to have unscheduled open spaces?” – Lisa J. Shultz, Lighter Living: Declutter. Organize. Simplify.
52. “Together; we would create some ecstatic memories, but you are either busy or sleepy.” – Suman Pokhrel
53. “No one hugs, everyone is busy comforting with words.” – Nitya Prakash
54. “Go, get some work. Keeping yourselves busy could solve many problems.” – Giridhar Alwar, My Quest For Happy Life
55. “Our digital devices and the outlooks they inspired allowed us to break free of the often repressive timelines of our storytellers, turning us from creatures led about by future expectations into more fully present-oriented human beings. The actual experience of this now-ness, however, is a bit more distracted, peripheral, even schizophrenic than that of being fully present. For many, the collapse of narrative led initially to a kind of post-traumatic stress disorder—a disillusionment, and the vague unease of having no direction from above, no plan or story. But like a dose of adrenaline or a double shot of espresso, our digital technologies compensate for this goalless drifting with an onslaught of simultaneous demands. We may not know where we’re going anymore, but we’re going to get there a whole lot faster. Yes, we may be in the midst of some great existential crisis, but we’re simply too busy to notice.” – Douglas Rushkoff, Present Shock: When Everything Happens Now
Quotes and Sayings about “TOO BUSY”
Stroll down the street in any major metropolitan city, and you’ll see it: stressed-out, chronically overtired people running to the next obligation without stopping to breathe, eat, or think. It’s just as prevalent in suburbs where moms drive their kids from activity to activity without pause and in workplaces where employees work for 70-hour weeks with just two weeks off per year. This go-go-go mentality is what Johns Hopkins researchers call “the cult of busy.” It’s pervasive, it’s unavoidable, and it’s damaging our lives. But this totally can be brought under control just with a shift in our mentalities and a series of changes in our daily habits. We must reflect on how we can spend more time with the ones we really care about and have responsibilities to fulfill. Here are some more quotes about being too busy in life.
56. “We’re all very busy with somethings, mostly with the most trivial things!” – Mehmet Murat Ildan
57. “In today’s busy and fast paced environment there are too many unseen forces at work, by just connecting the dots I win BIG.” –Nick Catricala
58. “Most people’s minds are almost always too busy for them to feel their skins being caressed by the wind or the sun.” – Mokokoma Mokhonoana
59.”People aren’t ignoring you. They are busy with their lives. And the way to stop feeling ignored is to get busy with yours.” – Nitya Prakash
60.”Relationships take time, but we don’t want to take the time. In reality, too busy is a myth. People make time for the things that are really important to them.” – Jonathan Hayashi, Ordinary Radicals: A Return to Christ-Centered Discipleship