The difference between succeeding and failing boils down to loyalty. If you have the support of your friends, family, and community, then there’s no reason why you can’t achieve success. Loyalty is a precious treasure; it cannot be bought but only earned!
Loyalty means that you will never betray that which or who you have pledged your allegiance in the form of commitment. Loyalty is not restricted to human relationships; it includes personal goals and promises made to oneself.
In modern society today, everything is fast-paced and rapidly changing. That’s why our goals, desires, and wishes are transient too. People make shallow promises which is the major cause of human suffering and distress.
Best Loyalty Quotes
Having a loyal personality means that you’re not only willing to keep your promises once you’ve made them but also to sacrifice for them by being devoted enough to sacrifice your time, energy, and emotions just to stay on course with what you want.
Let’s go through some selected quotes which demonstrate the true meaning and essence of loyalty that seems so lost in the world we live in today.
1. “There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends.” — Jane Austen
2. “We are sure to get opportunities as we show ourselves capable of being trusted.” — Roy L. Smith
3. “There’s nothing like a really loyal, dependable, good friend. Nothing.” — Jennifer Aniston
4. “Hold faithfulness and sincerity as first principles.” — Confucius
5. “Loyalty and friendship, which is to me the same, created all the wealth that I’ve ever thought I’d have.” — Ernie Banks
6. “Reliability is a most wonderful virtue. We should cultivate it. We should be consistent about the things we do, so that others will know they can count on us. But more important, we want to be able to count on ourselves. The greatest pain is to have to disappoint one’s self.” — Sterling W. Sill
7. “I don’t like to give up on people when they need someone not to give up on them.” — Carrol Bryant
8. “Be slow to fall into friendship; but when thou art in, continue firm & constant.” — Socrates
9. “Commitment is what transforms a promise into a reality.” — Abraham Lincoln
10. “If we commit ourselves to one person for life, this is not, as many people think, a rejection of freedom; rather, it demands the courage to move into all the risks of freedom, and the risk of love which is permanent; into that love which is not possession but participation.” — Madeleine L’Engle
11. “Loyalty is a characteristic trait. Those who have it, give it free of charge.” — Ellen J. Barrier
12. “Love is not maximum emotion. Love is maximum commitment.” — Sinclair B. Ferguson
13. “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” — J.R.R. Tolkien
14. “Your truest friends are the ones who will stand by you in your darkest moments–because they’re willing to brave the shadows with you–and in your greatest moments–because they’re not afraid to let you shine.” — Nicole Yatsonsky
15. “Leadership is a two-way street, loyalty up and loyalty down.” — Grace Murray Hopper
Loyalty Quotes Which Show Commitment And Faithfulness
Loyalty doesn’t mean that you won’t have disagreements or arguments, but at the root of your relationship it’s mutual respect and dedication for one another. If you have that type of connection with someone, loyalty will always keep you moving forward, even when it’s difficult or painful.
The same goes for goals. If you are dedicated to fulfilling your dreams, obstacles and failures are inevitable. But it’s the perseverance that will test your character and determination. If you are truly desirous of achieving something, you have to prove it through your actions, and the universe will conspire to let you achieve that.
Here are some curated quotes to demonstrate the deeper meaning of loyalty and faithfulness.
16. “Without commitment, you cannot have depth in anything, whether it’s a relationship, a business or a hobby.” — Neil Strauss
17. “You don’t earn loyalty in a day. You earn loyalty day-by-day.” — Jeffrey Gitomer
18. “A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself-and especially to feel, or not feel. Whatever you happen to be feeling at any moment is fine with them.” — Jim Morrison
19. “My mom and I have always been really close. She’s always been the friend that was always there. There were times when, in middle school and junior high, I didn’t have a lot of friends. But my mom was always my friend. Always.” — Taylor Swift
20. “To have a caring and committed heart toward someone—a heart so firm in its devotion as to sooner stop beating than neglect the object of its desire despite the person’s state of health, appearance, reputation, finances, troubles, or challenges — that, dear world, is love. It is a rare find.” — Richelle E. Goodrich
21. “When confronted with a challenge, the committed heart will search for a solution. The undecided heart searches for an escape.” — Andy Andrews
22. “Employee loyalty begins with employer loyalty. Your employees should know that if they do the job they were hired to do with a reasonable amount of competence and efficiency, you will support them.” — Harvey Mackay
23. “Don’t make any promises that you can’t keep.” — Ann Marie Aguilar
24. “If you assume that the new – and simply because it’s new – is always to be better than the old, chances are you’ve never known anything valuable.” — Criss Jami
25. “If you have three people in your life that you can trust, you can consider yourself the luckiest person in the whole world.” — Selena Gomez
26. “Loyalty means nothing unless it has at its heart the absolute principle of self-sacrifice.” — Woodrow Wilson
27. “The foundation stones for a balanced success are honesty, character, integrity, faith, love and loyalty.” — Zig Ziglar
28. “A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” — William Shakespeare
29. “The quality of a person’s life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.” — Vince Lombardi
30. “Loyalty cannot be blueprinted. It cannot be produced on an assembly line. In fact, it cannot be manufactured at all, for its origin is the human heart-the center of self-respect and human dignity. It is a force which leaps into being only when conditions are exactly right for it-and it is a force very sensitive to betrayal.” — Maurice R. Franks
31. “Be loyal to those who are not present. In doing so, you build the trust of those who are present.” — Stephen Covey
32. “It is better to be faithful than famous.” — Theodore Roosevelt
33. “Love is a decision, not just an emotion. It is selfless, and a commitment.” — Lydia McLaughlin
34. “Loyalty is still the same, whether it win or lose the game; true as a dial to the sun, although it be not shined upon.” — Samuel Butler
35. “The only limit to your impact is your imagination and commitment.” — Anthony Robbins
Loyalty Quotes To Strengthen Bonds Between Friends, Families, And Couples
Loyalty starts inculcating from childhood and develops throughout life. Being truthful to ourselves and others makes us unique and identifiable. Several benefits of being loyal are –
- Deeper Understanding of Priority
- Development of Trust
- Having A Support System In Life
- Developed Courage And Faith
Let’s glance at some quotes that illustrate how amazing it feels to be loyal to anything or anyone.
36. “The only people I owe my loyalty to are those who never made me question theirs.” — Anonymous
37. “Confidentiality is a virtue of the loyal, as loyalty is the virtue of faithfulness.” — Cheryl Cole
38. “Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.” — Ann Landers
39. “You cannot buy loyalty. You cannot buy the devotion of hearts, minds, and souls. You have to earn these things.” — Clarence Francis
40. “You find out who your real friends are when you’re involved in a scandal.” — Elizabeth Taylor
41. “Marriage is those two thousand indistinguishable conversations, chatted over two thousand indistinguishable breakfasts, where intimacy turns like a slow wheel. How do you measure the worth of becoming that familiar to somebody—so utterly well known and so thoroughly ever-present that you become an almost invisible necessity, like air?” — Elizabeth Gilbert
42. “Great changes may not happen right away, but with effort even the difficult may become easy.” — Bill Blackman
43. “Loyalty is a 24-hour proposition, 24/7. It’s not a part-time job.” — Jonathan Moyo
44. “A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down.” — Arnold H. Glasgow
45. “If I’m going to play, it’s going to be 100-percent commitment.” — Brett Favre
46. “Loyalty is my motto. When I give my word, you can trust me.” — Philippa Gregory
47. “Loyalty is the pledge of truth to oneself and others.” — Ada Velez-Boardley
48. “A healthy loyalty is not passive and complacent, but active and critical.” — Harold Laski
49. “Loyalty to the nation all the time, loyalty to the government when it deserves it.” — Mark Twain
50. “Be loyal and trustworthy. Do not befriend anyone who is lower than yourself in this regard.” — Confucius
More Loyalty Quotes & Sayings
Loyalty is crucial for overall personal and psychological development. A person who is loyal to others and is surrounded by loyal people is truly blessed. Loyalty and faithfulness are what make heaven on earth possible. It makes us humane and guides us through all difficulties. It’s a state of pure bliss on earth amidst the chaos all around. Being loyal to your country, workplace, goals, partner, family members, etc., is something worth investing your energy in.
Below are some more quotes by some of the wisest and most popular people which emphasize the importance and the beauty of loyalty.
51. “True friendship never questions what it costs you.” — Stephen Richards
52. “Stay committed to your decisions, but stay flexible in your approach.” — Tony Robbins
53. “True loyalty is proven not proclaimed.” — Craig Groeschel
54. “My whole thing is loyalty. Loyalty over royalty; word is bond.” — Fetty Wap
55. “The only way to have a friend is to be one.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
56. “So much of what is best in us is bound up in our love of family, that it remains the measure of our stability because it measures our sense of loyalty.” — Haniel Long
57. “Sometimes we’re loyal to more than one thing. When there’s a conflict, we have to choose which loyalty to honor.” — Claudia Gray
58. “Loyal companions are an unequaled grace, stanching fear before it bleeds you numb, a reliable antidote for creeping despair.” — Dean Koontz
59. “The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.” — Elisabeth Foley
60. “Until one is committed, there is hesitancy, the chance to draw back, always ineffectiveness.” — William Hutchison Murray