If you have ever been in a toxic relationship, you definitely understand the pain of struggling to leave every single day. Every relationship has its ups and downs.
But a toxic relationship absorbs you into the black hole of self-doubts, trauma, and guilt. But moving on is never easy.
Here we have a collection of best quotes for you if you have dealt with or are dealing with a toxic partner.
Quotes about moving on from a Toxic Partner
Your heart needs more time to accept what your mind already knows. These toxic relationship quotes will give you the inspiration to end a toxic relationship and move on with your life.
- “Do not hold your breath for anyone,
Do not wish your lungs to be still,
It may delay the cracks from spreading,
But eventually, they will.
Sometimes to keep yourself together
You must allow yourself to leave,
Even if breaking your own heart
Is what it takes to let you breathe.” ― Erin Hanson
- “I seem to be torn between ‘I wish we’d met earlier’ and ‘I wish we’d never met’.” ― Ahmed Mostafa
- “Forgiveness is a personal process that doesn’t depend on us having direct contact with the people who have hurt us.” ― Sharon Salzberg, Real Love: The Art of Mindful Connection
- “When dealing with toxic people, always choose distance over disrespect.” ― Germany Kent
- “If you keep pretending you’re not hurt, how can you heal? True love doesn’t expect you to deny you’re in pain.” ― Zara Hairston
- “Make sure you’re not saying ‘It’s complicated’ when it’s actually TOXIC. The more words it takes you to explain your relationship, the less healthy it probably is.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “This might be for you to accept today: They won’t get it. Stop torturing your soul over their delusions.” ― Zara Hairston
- “It’s better to be healthy alone than sick with someone else.” ― Dr. Phil
- “You are not a rehab. It’s not your job to fix everyone.”— Dr. Phil
- “A bad relationship is like standing on broken glass, if you stay you will keep hurting? If you walk away, you will hurt but eventually, you will heal.” — Autumn Kohler
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.” — Hermen Hesse
- “A deadness occurs in relationships when people are no longer willing to tell each other how they really feel.” —Shakti Gawain
- “Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?” —Mary Manin Morrissey
- “Letting go of people out of your life doesn’t mean you hate them, it simply means you respect yourself. Not everyone you meet is meant to stay. Letting go of people out of your life doesn’t mean you hate them, it simply means you respect yourself. Not everyone you meet is meant to stay.” —Anurag Prakash Ray
- “A relationship without trust is like a car without gas, you can stay in it all you want, but it won’t go anywhere.” —Unknown
- “Unhealthy relationships keep our self-esteem low.” —Sam Owen
- “Staying in an unhealthy relationship that robs you of peace of mind, is not being loyal. It is choosing to hurt yourself mentally, emotionally and sometimes, physically.” —Kemi Sogunle
- “You must make a decision that you are going to move on. It won’t happen automatically. You will have to rise up and say, ‘I don’t care how hard this is, I don’t care how disappointed I am, I’m not going to let this get the best of me. I’m moving on with my life.” —Joel Osteen
Quotes about dealing with a Toxic Partner
Dealing with a toxic partner is stressful. Watching a person you love to get more distant or manipulative every single day makes it extremely hard to bear. Here are some quotes for people who are dealing with toxic partners.
- “It’s fascinating to me that those who are most toxically selfish don’t even seem to be good at it… It’s as though narcissism creates a blinder in which you can only see self-destructive paths. They can get exactly what they prayed for, mistreat it, throw it away… then act as a victim.”
- “You think you can change a guy, that he’ll be different with you, that you’ll finally be the one to tame him… and before you know it, you’re alone in your underwear at nine o’clock on a Saturday night, crying to Adele songs, eating ice cream straight from the gallon, and wondering what the hell is the matter with you that you fell for such a goddamned man-child, after he explicitly warned you not to.” ― Julie Johnson, The Monday Girl
- “All toxic relationships feel like soulmate connections. A sign of toxic relationship is that you lose other people. You live to please just one person. You develop a new personality just for him/her. And that personality wants to be with him/her even after all the pain your soul goes through.”
- “No matter what you do, some people will always wonder if you love them back. Emotional trauma can be like that.”—Steve Maraboli
- “He would hurt me and make the hurt my fault. So no matter who got hurt, I was to be blamed, always.”—Namrata Gupta, Lost Love Late Love
- “Maybe I fell in love with a version of him that didn’t exist.”—Namrata Gupta, Lost Love Late Love
- “He made you dependent on him so that your happiness depended on his and his depended on whether or not you agreed to what he said.”—Namrata Gupta, Lost Love Late Love
- “I found myself still holding nasty secrets for people who were smearing me. I don’t know if I was being the better person or the bigger idiot. Maybe both.” —Steve Maraboli
- “When he’s the last thing you need, he’ll drain you. He’ll exhaust you. He’ll destroy you. And you won’t see it that way. In fact, you won’t notice it at all. But everyone else will.” ― Kirsten Corley
Quotes that will help you love yourself after a Toxic Relationship
Maybe you already recognize that you are involved in one and are questioning how you end a toxic relationship. Maybe, you have recently gotten out of a bad relationship and are feeling shattered. These quotes will remind you that you are a wonderfully unique human being who deserves love and kindness.
- “Don’t light yourself on fire trying to brighten someone else’s existence.” ― Charlotte Eriksson
- “Stop setting yourself on fire to keep someone else warm.” ― Unknown
- “I mean, if the relationship can’t survive the long term, why on earth would it be worth my time and energy for the short term.” ― Nicholas Sparks
- “Toxic people attach themselves like cinder blocks tied to your ankles, and then invite you for a swim in their poisoned waters.”― John Mark Green
- “If you’re in a relationship and all you do is cry, you need to stop and ask yourself, are you dating a human or an onion?” ―Karen Salmansohn