We all have been there, thinking that there is a better way of doing things, that we can be doing more with our time and getting things done.
Especially now that working from home has become the new norm, you might be needing help to get your work done without getting constantly distracted.
Luckily for you, I have you covered. Today I want to share with you my top 7 tips to improve your work performance drastically.
1. Stop multitasking
You might think you are more productive if you do more than one thing at a time, but the truth is you are not! Focusing our attention on more than one thing means not having focus at all. To get more done with less effort, we must focus all our attention on one thing at a time.
2. Take care of your surroundings
If your office or workplace is not organized, your mind will be distracted by every little thing that surrounds you. Even if you think you are not a control freak, the chaos around you is indeed perceived by your brain, and it does not allow you to work in optimal conditions.
Also Read: 4 Tips to Increase Your Motivation And Stop Comparing Your Success With Others
3. Improve your time management skills
Having time management and productivity habits will make everything easier for you. It helps you achieve more in less time and allows you to have more time for yourself.
Some of the main habits you can start implementing today are:
- First things first: Or as many others might have heard, “eating the frog.” Doing the most important things first brings you closer to your goals in a more effective way because you are prioritizing what matters the most and doing them right off.
- Time blocking: This technique allows you to use your time wisely. By separating your tasks, putting several similar activities in the same block of the day, you increase your productivity since you don’t have to be constantly changing from one thing to another.
- Deep work: start using the Pomodoro technique to have full focus on what you’re doing for a short period and have several pauses.
Also Read: The Enemy of an Entrepreneur is SLACK
4. Having a clear vision
Having a clear vision of what we want and where we want to go is the first step for planning. When you know what you want and when you want it to happen, then you start taking action and planning according to that vision. This not only increases your work performance but your motivation.
5. Set daily objectives
If you want to see your performance increase drastically, this is a must. Having daily objectives forces you to focus on those specific tasks instead of getting distracted by everything that can demand our attention that seems urgent, but that is not really important.
Setting 3 priorities for each day is the optimal. If you try to focus on more things, you will probably not dedicate your attention as much as needed.
Also Read: Why Working Less Will Get You More Results
6. Plan the week ahead
Dedicating an hour or two per week to plan the week ahead will save you a lot of time and will allow you to have a clear vision of what to do and when to do it.
“An hour of planning can save you 10 hours of doing.” – Dale Carnegie.
7. Take breaks
Taking breaks is not as unproductive as you might think. We all need to rest. Resting and having days off is what allows you to come back stronger, with more energy and more motivation.
Start implementing these tips in your daily life and see how your work performance improves drastically in no time.