The health benefits of running are tremendous. Some people find running peacefully, while some run to stay fit and healthy.
In this article, I would like to give a very detailed idea of why people choose to work out by running, along with mentioning the healthiest fruits for runners. There’s a reason why so many people are addicted to hitting the pavement, be it for mental peace or for losing those extra calories.
There are a lot of benefits of running, which pushes someone to become a runner literally! While you guess the benefits, let me list some of them for your better understanding.
Running can increase your lifespan.
It’s a matter of the fact that runners live longer than people who don’t indulge themselves in the running. In a study of Archives of Internal Medicine, researchers followed approximately 1000 adults aged 50 and above for 21 years, and the end results were quite understandable. It was seen that 85% of the runners were still kicking it while 66% of the nonrunners didn’t make it.
Running can help you get Vitamin D.
Sun is the most important source of Vitamin D, exposure to which will enhance our immune system. However, running outside can boost the level of shuffling off type 2 diabetes, depression, and strengthening of bones.
Running helps to burn calories.
An hour of exercising at the gym will burn lower calories than an hour of running outdoors. On average, more than 300 calories are burned by running. Burning calories is a significant point to be noted down since it’s one of the most crucial concerns of the young generation or, more likely, the teens.
Running can be done anywhere.
Most of us love to go outside, and it can act as an advantage if you want to work out as well. Running is one such activity which can be done anywhere in the world; yeah, most of us will not go so far, but a park in your vicinity is enough. Not only will you get to breathe in the fresh air but also lose calories.
Running can be done at any time.
Whether it is 2 pm or 2 am, it doesn’t really matter when it comes to running. Remember, the path is never-ending. The only thing you need is motivation to work out and make it happen. You can do it.
Running makes you goal-oriented.
We definitely cannot reach our goals in one day, but we can indeed work for it every day. The right mindset and consistency will always help you to achieve your goal. Running will motivate you to work hard, and that, in turn, will be paid off.
Running is social and a stress-buster.
A good run demonstrates socializing because while you are on the trail, you meet several people. Chatting and small talks in a way caters to socializing. Incorporating running into your busy schedule can increase concentration level, boost up your mood, reduce stress, and spread positivity.
In other words, running is a mirror word for recreation. Since we now know the benefits of running, we are certainly looking forward to the healthy diet that must be followed.
Let’s take a quick look at the fruits to eat after and before running.
Fruits to eat after running
1. Tart cherries and blueberries – Fruits like cherries and blackberries have an antioxidant that can help delay the beginning of muscle soreness and reduce inflammation. Studies have said that this is one of the best fruits for having after running. Delaying the onset of muscle soreness can be a positive side of running.
2. Avocado toast – Avocado toast is a trend that would not stop before it has attained its peak. This combination of avocados with toasts forms a delightful post-run bite with a pinch of salt. People who go for marathons often crave such food.
3. Pineapple juice – No wonder pineapple juice is rich in vitamins and minerals. After running, consuming it provides you the essential carbs and protein that your body needs for healing. The juice plays an integral role in tissue growth and healing, which are essential for runners. One can wonder what to eat after running a 5k; for them, citrus juice like this can be of great help. Citrus juice also helps to replenish your carbohydrate storage in the body and reduce inflammation.
4. Watermelon – Watermelons contain citrulline and lycopene, which also helps to reduce muscle soreness. The primary key to staying healthy is to keep yourself hydrated, and watermelon is one such fruit that contains 90% water, so now you know what to eat after running.
5. Bananas and apples – Bananas are very easy-to-digest fruit and give instant energy to improve overall performance and recovery. It contains carbohydrates and proteins on a ratio of one-two. This fruit can easily avert muscle cramping. On the other hand, apples will help you to recover from your run and control your hunger.
6. Dried fruit – While these can be called as sugar bombs, we should also not forget the number of carbohydrates they keep in themselves. These can be a great pick after a run. Dates and plums also have fiber which will keep you full and help in metabolism.
Fruits to eat before running:
7. Bananas – Well, you must be wondering what to eat before running in the morning after going through the last sub-topic. Here’s a fruit you can also eat before going for a run. Bananas are an excellent source of energy. Bananas contain antioxidants and potassium, which help to avoid muscle cramping. Apart from this, bananas are also good for blood pressure.
8. Dried apricots and plums – Apricots and plums (also known as prunes) contain low-fat and high carbohydrates with a good amount of Vitamin A, fiber, and potassium. Potassium helps to lower high blood pressure.
9. Blueberries – This dark-colored fruit is an excellent source of antioxidants. It helps prevent muscle breakdown since it has vitamins and promotes a healthy state of mind, along with an excellent anabolic condition. Runners should definitely have blueberries before going for a run.
10. Orange – Orange slices are rich in carbohydrates and can increase the metabolism of a runner. Before going for a run, orange should be consumed, and it can be in the form of juice as well. This will give energy and help to reduce inflammation.
11. Grapes – A fruit that is very easy to digest after bananas are grapes. Grapes help to boost energy, stay healthy and maintain a healthy diet. It is light fruit and doesn’t affect the metabolism process. Grapes can be considered as one of the best fruits to eat before running.
12. Strawberries – An example of an electrolyte-rich food can primarily be strawberries. It helps to fight dehydration and can be a good choice for runners. Apart from their nutritional value, strawberries also hold an important place for their sweet and bitter taste, acting as a great pre-run delight.
I hope this article gives you a brief description of the importance of running, the best fruit to eat before running or after running, and the best choice of fruit before running a 5K. So now you know how to figure things out and if a question like, ‘What is that one fruit which will keep me hydrated while running?’ ever comes to your mind, don’t forget to check this article and get a grip of the situation.
- Why Should Women Invest in High-quality Activewear - September 20, 2021
- What Are Night Leg Cramps + Remedies + Medicine + Exercise - September 16, 2021
- What are the Challenges Faced By Women Entrepreneurs - September 13, 2021