Being a working mother is not an easy task. It is always hard to juggle taking care of your kids and your job. And work-life balance seems unattainable, which is why you tend to forget about yourself.
However, it is vital to take care of yourself first because if you don’t take care of yourself, how will you take care of your family? Here are some tips to keep in mind.
1. Focus on the Physical Health
It’s a terrific way to feel rejuvenated to get your blood circulating and go outside:
- Choose what is appropriate for your level of fitness.
- Select activities that drive you to exercise consistently, whether you need to exercise more frequently or want to change up your daily routine.
- Include a fun element, such as hosting dance parties with your kids in the living room or going roller skating.
Exercise is a typical difficulty for working parents when it comes to self-care. Kristen Tobey, co-founder of Revolution Foods, says she uses her fast walks or runs to work to do some serious thinking for the day ahead. Here are some other physical activities to try.
- Take a stroll around the neighborhood.
- Do some stretching or yoga.
- Take a ride on your bicycle.
- Prepare for a 5-kilometer stroll or a fun run.
- Spend some time in the garden.
- Engage the services of a personal trainer.
- Try some Tai Chi.
- Purchase a Pilates DVD for at-home use.
2. Give Your Brain a Boost
Your brain is an integral part of your body. Melissa Wolak, a mindset coach, says, “When I work with clients, I have them figure out what gives them energy and what drains them.” “We make a ‘Brain Budget’ for them to keep track of their withdrawals and deposits.” Her strategy incorporates a notion known as “brain dollars” into the non-negotiable list of job activities to achieve a healthy balance of work and self-care. Here are some brain-boosting activities to try.
- Make a note in your journal.
- Pick up a coloring book or draw anything you like.
- Take some time to read a good book.
- Try your hand at a crossword puzzle.
3. Pamper Yourself
It’s easy to get caught up in the day-to-day rituals of family life as a mom: carpools, laundry, dinner preparation, bill paying, cleaning, and so on. Before you know it, ten years have passed, and you’ve devolved into a husk of your former self. What is the antidote? One should pursue hobbies. Journal. Meditate. If you’ve left the workforce, keep up with industry changes. Here are some ideas to pamper yourself.
- Take a hot bath to unwind.
- Make a spa day a priority.
- Take a snooze while you’re at it.
- Spend a lot of money on your favorite flowers.
- Make a facial for yourself.
- Have a relaxing massage.
4. Find Time for Your Friends
Don’t let your hectic schedule stops you from spending time with your family and friends; if weekly date evenings aren’t possible (and who doesn’t want to be #relationshipgoals?), set aside some time to interact regularly.
For example, make the first Friday of each month a date night, or organize a coffee date with your buddies once a month on Saturday morning. Also, make it a mission to invite your neighbors over for supper at least once a month, or a movie night for everyone’s kids, so you don’t feel obligated to “entertain.” Here are some more ideas.
- Try a new eatery for lunch.
- Mark a date to go for a walk.
- Take a stroll through the mall.
- Volunteering with a friend is a great way to meet new people.
- Participate in a book club or a moms’ group.
5. Take a Leap
Try something new or make a significant move that you’ve never done before, such as:
- Racing in go-karts.
- For the first time, go to a local landmark.
- Climbing on a rock wall indoors.
- Begin writing your autobiography.
6. Hone Your Skills
You probably have some skills that you have neglected for quite some time now. It is time to hone those skills and get back into the groove. Here are some examples.
- Try a fresh and distinct recipe to improve your cooking skills.
- Reintroduce yourself to a sport you enjoy.
- Consider enrolling in a painting or drawing class.
- Play that instrument you’ve been neglecting.
7. Get Silly
Sometimes, it is good to become a little silly. Being silly lets out happiness and joy, which can be very relaxing. Here are some activities to try.
- Sing your heart out to your favorite tunes.
- Organize a gaming night.
- Take in a comedy show.
- In your living room, you can dance.
8. Prepare to Unwind
Self-care will not occur unless it is simple, easy, and flexible. A yoga mat and accessories, essential oils, self-treatment tools like a foam roller, a diary, a cozy chair, a scented candle, and other things in the bedroom’s ‘relaxation corner’ allow you to take a small escape from being a working mom. Here are some more ideas to help you unwind.
- Fill your cupboard with your favorite teas and nutritious foods, so you always have them on hand.
- Stock up on essentials like sunscreen, lotion, and cough medicine, as well as fun stuff like nail polish, essential oils, and bath products.
- Find a calm location in your home to prepare with amenities like a favorite blanket or cushion.
9. Feed Your Body Well
Because high-quality ingredients feed your body, make sure you eat and drink them. Sara Haas RDN, LDN, a spokesperson for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and mother of a 4-year-old daughter, says, “It’s a natural desire to put your children first.” “However, you must eat the right meals to stay healthy. It’s beneficial for your children to see you taking care of yourself because you’re setting a good example.”
What are some basic suggestions for making healthy eating a habit? Once a week, switch to a vegetarian diet. One can find organic vegetables at farmer’s markets. Cooking from scratch should be done more frequently. Instead of soda, drink water. Also, set aside a few minutes each week to plan what you’ll have in your fridge so you can prepare quick, healthy, and simple meals.
10. Keep an emergency self-care kit with you wherever you go.
A mother of three, JJB Public Relations is operated by Jennifer Bickerton, who works full-time. She always makes sure to have something for self-care on hand during her hectic schedule. “If I can’t get out for a mani, I have a tiny kit at my desk and will do a full-on mini-mani with rapid drying solution on my own.” The “Happy Feet” Exfoliating Foot Treatment and a ZIIP Beauty facial treatment are two other useful kits she suggests.
There are plenty of self-care tips for working mothers; these are just a few of our favorite. It is best to stick to a self-care routine that you can do daily and a pattern that you won’t forget even if your day is hectic.
- What is The Importance of Human Resource Management For Entrepreneurs - July 25, 2021
- The Best Anniversary Gifts for Your Wife - July 24, 2021
- Best Gifts for Friends According to Their Zodiac Signs - July 23, 2021