Morning Lazziness product selections are curated by the editorial team. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission, at no cost to you. We only recommend products we genuinely love.
Sometimes even the foundation fails to provide full coverage, and that’s when you need a concealer. But, what is a concealer?
A concealer is essential for full makeup, covering dark circles, acne, black spots, and scars. To achieve maximum coverage, apply concealer after foundation and finally set it all with a loose face powder for long-lasting results.
A good concealer conceals blemishes and discoloration and brightens darkish under-eye circles. However, concealers have more pigment and thicker formulas than foundations. When you’re looking for the best concealer, you should keep in mind – shade, coverage, and formula – as per your skin type.
How do you apply concealer?
- The first step to applying concealer is – preparing your skin. Cleanse your face with gentle moisturizer well to remove impurities and dead skin cells. When you’re done with exfoliation – moisturize your skin well for proper hydration.
- Now start with applying makeup in the right order. Primer – Foundation – Concealer. Many makeup artists recommend applying concealer before foundation to avoid creasing of the makeup. But, applying your makeup first gives you a smooth and blendable base for covering.
- Cover up blemishes and spot by spot-applying concealer. Apply concealer in inverted triangles under your eyes to cover your dark circles. Apply around the nose and on any area having redness.
- Finally, set your full makeup using loose face powder.
Tip: You can also use concealer as an eyeshadow primer.
We’ve noted down some of the best concealers that you can use for your every day, and special occasion looks – scroll down to check them out.
1. Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Treatment Multi-Use Concealer
This dark circle eraser concealer instantly creates a radiant, refreshed-looking eye area. Infused with goji berry and Haloxyl. Instantly erases the appearance of dark circles and fine lines. Under-eye concealer visibly diminishes the appearance of puffiness.
2. e.l.f. 16HR Camo Concealer
The e.l.f. 16hr Camo Concealer is a full-coverage, 16-hour wear concealer which conceals, corrects, contours and highlights for flawless skin. The shade Light Sand is light with neutral undertones.
3. L’Oreal Paris Makeup Infallible Full Wear Waterproof Matte Concealer
Experience full coverage and full-face wear with a flawless matte finish for up to 24 hours; This multi-use formula conceals imperfections and covers blemishes while doubling as a contour highlight product.
4. NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP HD Studio Photogenic Concealer Wand
This concealer covers blemishes, imperfections, skin discoloration, dark circles under the eye, and is safe for all skin types; can also be used as a contouring concealer to sculpt chin and cheekbones.
5. Dermablend Quick-Fix Full Coverage Concealer
Long-wearing, full coverage makeup concealer stick provides a natural finish. Flawless coverage for a range of skin imperfections: acne scars, blemishes, dark spots, dark circles, and bruises.
6. RMS Beauty “Un” Cover-Up Concealer
A lightweight foundation and concealer for the under-eye area and face. Provides even coverage for flawless-looking skin that will never look heavy or dry.
7. COVERGIRL Clean Fresh Hydrating Concealer
Clean Fresh Hydrating Concealer is infused with coconut milk and aloe extracts for flawless coverage and glowing skin.
8. Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiant Brightening Concealer Cream
Flawlessly conceal your skin’s imperfections with Neutrogena Healthy Skin Radiant Brightening Cream Concealer. This skin-perfecting cream concealer blurs and conceals the imperfections of your skin, like dark circles, acne and blemishes, and has a creaseless finish.
9. L.A. Girl Pro Conceal HD Concealer
Crease-resistant, opaque coverage in a creamy yet lightweight texture. The long-wearing formula camouflages darkness under the eyes, redness and skin imperfections. Provides complete, natural-looking coverage evens skin tone, covers dark circles and minimizes fine lines around the eyes.
10. IT Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye
This waterproof concealer delivers highly pigmented, long-lasting, full coverage that improves the appearance of wrinkles without creasing or cracking.
11. NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer
Coveted by artists for its luxurious texture and luminous finish, new radiant creamy concealer evens skin with lightweight medium to high buildable coverage. Long-wearing and crease-proof.
12. Milani Conceal + Perfect 2-in-1 Foundation + Concealer
Meet the hardest-working multi-tasker in your cosmetics bag! Combat under-eye circles, redness and other skin imperfections with our water-resistant, foundation + concealer in one flawless, perfecting step! This lush, creamy rich formula applies evenly to perfect and conceal with a natural-looking finish.
13. Tarte Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer
Double Duty Beauty Shape Tape Contour Concealer is a vegan, super-blendable formula that instantly helps brighten, smooth & give the skin a firmer, more lifted look. Full coverage with a flawless matte finish.
14. Revlon PhotoReady Candid Concealer
Revlon Photoready Candid™ Antioxidant Concealer is a skincare-inspired concealer that’s ultra-blendable, ultra buildable for creamy coverage. It camouflages under-eye puffiness, bags, and dark circles. The concealer features anti-blue light ingredients plus antioxidant and anti-pollution benefits.
15. Almay Clear Complexion Concealer
Formulated with opaque pigments and the maximum-strength dose of derm-favorite salicylic acid—so it doesn’t just disguise existing blemishes, it helps prevent new acne breakouts.
Your ultimate guide to hiding blemishes and dark circles has been revealed. Buy your favorite concealer from our top picks, use it and look spotless