Every year on April 22nd, International Earth Day is celebrated. It marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970. Earth Day encourages people to think about the impact of humans on this planet and to work together towards solutions benefiting local communities and the world as a whole.
Extreme heat, wildfires, and floods have affected millions of people. Climate change, man-made intentional disruptions to natural cycles, and crimes that threaten biodiversity, such as deforestation, intensified agriculture and livestock production, or the growing illegal wildlife trade, accelerate the speed of destruction of the planet.
Since Mother Earth is suffering incessantly due to unchecked human activities, she is clearly urging a call to action. Protecting our beloved planet begins with you. Here are listed some simple things you can do to help protect the Earth.
- Reduce, reuse, and recycle
- Volunteer for cleanups in your community
- Conserve water
- Choose sustainable products to use on a daily basis
- Plant a tree.
Earth Day is a global event, designed to raise awareness of the threat to the environment and the solution: through education and dialogue between people, businesses, and governments.
Lets us have a glance through some quotes which illustrate the beauty and importance of nature.
Best Earth Day Quotes
1.“Land really is the best art.” —Andy Warhol
2.”The Earth is what we all have in common.” —Wendell Berry
3.“Look deep into nature, and then you will understand everything better.” —Albert Einstein
4.“To leave the world better than you found it, sometimes you have to pick up other people’s trash.” —Bill Nye
5.“An understanding of the natural world and what’s in it is a source of not only a great curiosity but great fulfillment.” —David Attenborough
6.“And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and my soul.” —John Muir
7.“Nature does not hurry yet everything is accomplished.” —Lao Tzu
8.“The real you is loving, joyful and free. The real you is just like a flower, just like the wind, just like the ocean, just like the sun.” —Don Miguel Ruiz
9.”It is a blessing to be the color of the earth; do you know how often flowers confuse me for home?” —Rupi Kaur
10.“The sun does not forget a village just because it is small.” —African Proverb
11.“Look after the land and the land will look after you, destroy the land and it will destroy you.” —Aboriginal Proverb
12.“You can never see a plant grow, but they do.” —Carol Plum-Ucci
13.“I don’t know whether nice people tend to grow roses or growing roses makes people nice.” —Roland A. Browne
14.”And He knows what is in the land and sea. Not even a leaf falls without His knowledge, nor a grain in the darkness of the earth or anything—green or dry—but is ˹written˺ in a perfect Record.” —Quran 6:59
15.“You don’t live on earth, you are passing through.” —Rumi
16.”We still do not know one thousandth of one percent of what nature has revealed to us.” —Albert Einstein
17.“Look at a tree, a flower, a plant. Let your awareness rest upon it. How still they are, how deeply rooted in Being. Allow nature to teach you stillness.” —Eckhart Tolle
18.“The miracle is not to fly in the air or to walk on water, but to walk on the earth.” —Chinese proverb
19.”For in the true nature of things, if we rightly consider, every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold and silver.” —Martin Luther King Jr.
20.“I firmly believe nature brings solace in all troubles.” —Anne Frank
Quotes To Spread Awareness About The Importance Of Saving Mother Earth
As per Earth Day Organization, the theme for Earth Day 2022 is “Invest In Our Planet.” This special day is celebrated to make people aware of how they can be an asset in saving the Earth from pollution, global warming, water scarcity and other crises.
On an individual level, if we begin to change some of our habits, it will make a great clifference. After all, protecting the earth is the responsibility of each individual.
Let’s read some powerful quotes which are sure have an impact on us so that our inner feelings get charged up to protect our environment from nature destroyers –
21.“No one comes from the earth like grass. We come like trees. We all have roots.” —Maya Angelou
22.“There is no medicine you can take that has such a direct influence on your health as a walk in a beautiful forest.” —Dr. Qing Li
23.”Nature is an infinite sphere of which the centre is everywhere and the circumference nowhere.” —Blaise Pascal
24.”First thing in the morning you look after yourself, you brush your teeth and wash your face, don’t you? Well, the second thing you must do is to look after the planet.” —Antoine De Saint-Exupery
25.”If you can’t be in awe of Nature, there’s something wrong with you.” —Alex Trebek
26.”Let us permit nature to have her way. She understands her business better than we do.” —Michel de Montaigne
27.“It looks big, Earth. But there are lots of us on here (7,523,458,567 and counting) so be kind.” —Oliver Jeffers
28.“I am the wilderness.” —Brene Brown
29.“The wanting was a wilderness and I had to find my own way out of the woods.” —Cheryl Strayed
30.“Preserve and cherish the pale blue dot, the only home we’ve ever known.” —Carl Sagan
31.“I think it would be great to be born on Earth and to die on Mars. Just not on impact.” —Elon Musk
32.“You don’t have to sit outside in the dark. If, however, you want to look at the stars, you will find that darkness is necessary. But the stars neither require nor demand it.” — Annie Dillard
33.“Even if you never have the chance to see or touch the ocean, the ocean touches you with every breath you take, every drop of water you drink, every bite you consume. Everyone, everywhere is inextricably connected to and utterly dependent upon the existence of the sea.” —Dr. Sylvia Earle
34.“What about naming trees?…if we have a tree in our name, we want that tree to live.” —Jane Goodall
“The most environmentally friendly product is the one you didn’t buy.” —Joshua Becker
35.“One reason I wanted to go vegetarian was to help save the environment…I highly recommend it. You’re saving animals, you’re saving the planet, you’re saving a lot of time at Thanksgiving.” —Lily Singh
36.“We are on Earth to take care of life. We are on Earth to take care of each other.” — Xiye Bastida
37.“All we have to do is to wake up and change.” —Greta Thunberg
38.“Every day is Earth Day, and I vote we start investing in a secure climate future right now.” —Jackie Speier
39.”The world is mud-luscious and puddle-wonderful”. —E. E. Cummings
40. “It is our collective and individual responsibility…To preserve and tend to the world in which we all live.” – Dalai Lama
Earth Day Quotes To Restore Our Planet
The UN Decade on Ecosystem Restoration is a chance to revive the natural world that supports us all. Though it apparently may sound like a long time, scientists say that these next 10 years will count the most in the struggle to avert climate change and recover the loss of millions of species.
Restoring our damaged ecosystems will help end poverty, combat climate change and prevent mass extinction. But we will only succeed if everyone plays a part.
Let’s remind ourselves on this International Mother Earth Day – more than ever – that we need a shift to a more sustainable economy that works for both people and the planet. Let’s promote harmony with nature and the Earth. Let us together join the global movement to restore our world.
41. “The environment is where we all meet; where all have a mutual interest; it is the one thing all of us share.” —Lady Bird Johnson
42. “Keep close to Nature’s heart… and break clear away, once in awhile, and climb a mountain or spend a week in the woods. Wash your spirit clean.” —John Muir
43. “A true conservationist is a man who knows that the world is not given by his fathers, but borrowed from his children.” —John James Audubon
44. “Live in each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influence of the Earth.” —Henry David Thoreau
45. “We need the tonic of wildness—to wade sometimes in marshes where the bittern and the meadow-hen lurk, and hear the booming of the snipe; to smell the whispering sedge where only some wilder and more solitary fowl builds her nest, and the mink crawls with its belly close to the ground.” —Henry David Thoreau
46. “In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks.” —John Muir
47. “The good man is the friend of all living things.” —Gandhi
48.“Here is your country. Cherish these natural wonders, cherish the natural resources, cherish the history and romance as a sacred heritage, for your children and your children’s children. Do not let selfish men or greedy interests skin your country of its beauty, its riches or its romance.” —Theodore Roosevelt
49. “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
50. “Nature is painting for us, day after day, pictures of infinite beauty.” – John Ruskin
Earth Day is a day to celebrate the Earth and all its wonders. It’s a day to appreciate our planet’s fragility and recognise what each of us can do to help preserve it for future generations.
Revival of our planet Earth isn’t a luxury but a necessity. Earth Day calls for urgent action to revive our damaged ecosystems. Earth day reminds us that we all share the same planet and the only home we possess. We are responsible for what and how we use it. Earth day is celebrated in more than 175 countries every year. On this day, we must pledge to direct our energy in appreciating and preserving the awesome gift of life we got and saving our planet. Let’s read some quotes which will inspire us to save Mother Nature.
51. “Earth Day should encourage us to reflect on what we are doing to make our planet a more sustainable and livable place.” –Scott Peters
52. “A nation that destroys its soils destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving fresh strength to our people.” —Franklin D. Roosevelt
53. “Nature never hurries: atom by atom, little by little, she achieves her work. The lesson one learns from yachting or planting is the manners of Nature; patience with the delays of wind and sun, delays of the seasons, bad weather, excess or lack of water.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson
54. “Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together … all things connect.” —Chief Seattle
55. “I only feel angry when I see waste. When I see people throwing away things we could use.” —Mother Teresa
56. “Environmentally friendly cars will soon cease to be an option…they will become a necessity.” – Fujio Cho, President of Toyota Motors
57. “You cannot get through a single day without having an impact on the world around you. What you do makes a difference, and you have to decide what kind of difference you want to make.” —Jane Goodall
58. “I believe in God, only I spell it Nature.” – Frank Lloyd Wright
59. “There is a pleasure in the pathless woods. There is a rapture on the lonely shore. There is society, where none intrudes by the deep sea, and music in its roar. I love not man the less, but nature more.” – Lord Byron
60. “Until a man duplicates a blade of grass, nature can laugh at his so-called scientific knowledge. Remedies from chemicals will never stand in favorable comparison with the products of nature, the living cell of a plant, the final result of the rays of the sun, the mother of all life.” – Thomas Edison