We have all felt that we are not enough at some point in our lives. Or rather, others made us feel so. These thoughts lead to self-doubts, depression, and not realizing or achieving our full potential. We need to practice gratitude, acceptance, and self-love during these distressing times.
Always remember, we define who we are; others don’t define us.
Let’s read some self-love quotes which will enable us to understand this more deeply.
Best Self-love Quotes
Self-love is confident, warm, and caring. It’s the complete acceptance of who and what you are-the, the appreciation of your actions, and the affirmation of yourself.
Self-love leads to better physical and mental health, provides us with higher satisfaction levels, and makes our existence meaningful.
1. “It’s really about changing the conversation. It’s not about perfection. It’s about purpose. We have to care about our bodies and what we put in them. Women have to take the time to focus on our mental health—take time for self, for the spiritual, without feeling guilty or selfish. The world will see you the way you see you, and treat you the way you treat yourself.” —Beyoncé
2. “My heart is beating, and I’m breathing, and nothing anybody has ever done has changed that.” —Rupi Kaur
3. “Fall in love with taking care of yourself. Fall in love with the path of deep healing. Fall in love with becoming the best version of yourself but with patience, with compassion, and respect to your own journey.” —S. McNutt
4. “You are free, you are powerful, you are good, you are love, you have value you have a purpose. All is well.” —Abraham Hicks
5. “The real difficulty is to overcome how you think about yourself.” —Maya Angelou
6. “Talk to yourself like someone you love.” —Brené Brown
7. “Flowers grow back even after the harshest winters. You will, too.” —Jennae Cecelia
8. “Remind yourself that you cannot fail at being yourself.” —Wayne Dyer
9. “I am what I am. I can’t help myself and if you don’t like it get with somebody else.” —Jonas Brothers
10. “Your biggest commitment must always be to yourself.” —Bridgett Devoue
64. “In stressful times, it’s okay to not be perfect. Cut yourself some slack. Because right now, you might not be your best self, but you are growing and you are trying your best. And that is good enough.” —Ashley Hetherington
11. “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” —Brené Brown
12. “This is not the moment to wilt into the underbrush of your insecurities. You’ve earned the right to grow. You’re going to have to carry the water yourself.” —Cheryl Strayed
13. “To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance.” ―Oscar Wilde
14. “Loneliness is a sign you are in desperate need of yourself.” ―Rupi Kaur
15. “No other love no matter how genuine it is, can fulfill one’s heart better than unconditional self-love.” —Edmond Mbiaka
16. “You have to believe in yourself when no one else does – that makes you a winner right here.” —Venus Williams
17. “The worst loneliness is to not be comfortable with yourself.” —Mark Twain
18. “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” —Charles Bukowski
19. “They will try to make you unhappy, don’t let them. They will try to tell you you’re not free, don’t listen.” —Unknown
20. “Keep watering yourself. You’re growing.” —E.Russell
Quotes To Start Practicing Self-love
Need some easy tips to embrace your presence? Here are some simple steps you can follow to increase your well-being.
•Stop comparing yourself to others.
•Don’t worry about others’ opinions.
•Remember, your value doesn’t lie in how your body looks.
•Don’t be afraid to let go of toxic people.
•Trust yourself to make good decisions for yourself.
Let’s read some more quotes to depict this.
21. “When things change inside you, things change around you.” —Unknown
22. “The things that make me different are the things that make me.” —Winnie the Pooh, A.A. Milne
23. “A person learns how to love himself through the simple acts of loving and being loved by someone else.” —Haruki Murakami
24. “People who love themselves, don’t hurt other people. The more we hate ourselves, the more we want others to suffer.” —Dan Pearce
25. “We do not have the right to feel helpless. We must help ourselves. After destiny has delivered what it delivers, we are responsible for our lives.” —Cheryl Strayed
26. “Keep taking time for yourself until you’re you again.” —Lalah Delia
27. “Find the love you seek, by first finding the love within yourself. Learn to rest in that place within you that is your true home.” —Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
28. “Love yourself unconditionally, just as you love those closest to you despite their faults.” —Les Brown
29. “Be enough for yourself first. The rest of the world can wait.” —fw
30. “In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.” —Unknown
31. “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” —Diane von Furstenberg
32. “Be single and save yourself for a relationship that motivates you to become the best version of yourself. Be single until you find a love that resembles the type of love you’ve been fighting for.”—r.h. Sin
33. “Daring to set boundaries is about having the courage to love ourselves even when we risk disappointing others.” —Brené Brown
34. “Plant hope in your heart’s wounds.” —Alexandra Vasiliu
35. “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” —Eckhart Tolle
36. “You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” —Yogi Bhajan
37. “No one can rescue me. I know because I’ve already tried to get them to do it. It doesn’t work. This is all on me.” —Michelle D’Avella
38. “Loving yourself isn’t vanity; it’s sanity.” —Katrina Mayer
39. “You really have to love yourself to get anything in this world done.” —Lucille Ball
40. “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” —Robert Morely
Self-love Quotes to Enhance Gratitude And Boost Happiness
Self-love isn’t a luxury; it is a necessity. Self-care and compassion are immensely needed by those who are struggling to meet their day-to-day needs. So, set aside those talks that say that it is selfish just to think about yourself from now on. Start practising self-love and let us have a glance through some quotes which inspire us to do that–
41. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” —Barbara De Angelis
42. “Self-love is an ocean and your heart is a vessel. Make it full, and any excess will spill over into the lives of the people you hold dear. But you must come first.” —Beau Taplin
43. “Be about ten times more magnanimous than you believe yourself capable of. Your life will be a hundred times better for it.” —Cheryl Strayed
44. “The most terrifying thing is to accept oneself completely.” —Carl Gustav Jung
45. “Your relationship with yourself sets the tone for every other relationship you have.” —Unknown
46. “When I loved myself enough, I began leaving whatever wasn’t healthy. This meant people, jobs, my own beliefs and habits–anything that kept me small. My judgement called it disloyal. Now I see it as self-loving.” —Kim McMillen
47. “You must want to spend the rest of your life with yourself first.” —Rupi Kaur
48. “Self-love is the greatest middle finger of all time.” —Unknown
49. “Learn to be alone without being lonely. Learn to admire your beauty without finding fault. Learn to love yourself without the love of others.” —h.r.d
50. “Sometimes your soulmate is yourself. Sometimes you have to be the love of your life until you discover that type of love in someone else.” —r.h. Sin
Accepting and embracing your flaws is the primary key to self-love. Stop repeating toxic thoughts in your head and replace them with the small yet vital things that you have in your life.
Acknowledge small things like getting up in the morning peacefully, breathing in the fresh air, spotting a beautiful bird in your garden, appreciating the beauty of nature etc., with gratitude.
51. “A lot of times we are angry at other people for not doing what we should have done for ourselves.”—Rupi Kaur
52. “No one is you and that is your superpower.” —Unknown
53. “Beauty begins the moment you decide to be yourself.” —Coco Chanel
54. “Self love—it doesn’t mean that everyone will treat you the way you deserve to be treated. It means that you won’t let them change the way you see yourself; nor will you stick around for them to destroy you.” —Tony A. Gaskins Jr.
55. “Feel the fact that you are enough.” —Mark Nepo
56. “Find out who you are and be that person. That’s what your soul was put on this Earth to be. Find that truth, live that truth, and everything else will come.” —Ellen DeGeneres
57. “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” —Louise Hay
58. “I used to be bound by people who placed limits on what they thought I could do. Through that, I learned that if you want something, you have to be the one to go out and do it If you don’t ask for something, you’re not going to get it.” —Ashley Graham
59. “Never give up on anyone. And that includes not giving up on yourself.” —Dieter F. Uchtdorf
60. “Make yourself a priority.” —Unknown
61. “Self-care is giving the world the best you instead of what’s left of you.” —Katie Reed
62. “If there’s one thing I’m willing to bet on, it’s myself.” —Beyoncé
63. “Self-care is how you take your power back.” —Lalah Delia
64. “Life is too short to spend it at war with yourself.” —Unknown
65. “You owe it to yourself to become everything you’ve ever dreamed of being.” —Unknown
66. “I try to keep it real. I don’t have time to worry about what I’m projecting to the world. I’m just busy being myself.” —Demi Lovato
67. “You change the world by being yourself.” —Yoko Ono
68. “Trust the next chapter because you are the author.” —Unknown
69. “It’s you versus you.” —Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
70. “Be brave enough to heal yourself even when it hurts.” —Bianca Sparacino
We hope this article will help you grow out of a distressful state of being and help you feel and be enlightened.