National Bake Cookies Day is celebrated on December 18th every year.
Indeed, age is just a number when it comes to treating yourself with luscious cookies. Be it a child or a senior citizen, everyone relishes tasty cookies. The National Bake Cookies Day comes in the holidays of Christmas, making it even more enjoyable. Hence, why wait and indulge in having delicious cookies for Christmas and New Year.
Why do we all love cookies?
Cookies are more than just a baked treat, it’s more about strengthening the bonds.
What I love about cookies is their versatility; crispy and chewy, traditional shapes or special cookie-cutter designs, topped with powdered sugar, dried fruit, chocolate syrup, and the list goes on.
Imagine a cold day, and your kitchen is filled with the fragrance of cookies; how exciting it sounds. Isn’t it? So, this National Cookie Day, bake it for your kith and kins. And do not forget to try some new flavors.
The holiday season encourages one to try new assortments and savors of cookies.
What does this National Bake Cookies Day feel like?
Since the beginning of the baking, cookies have been the best thing that has come out of the oven. Albeit, the history and the founder of the cookies are not known. But people enjoy this Day as merrily as Christmas and bake cookies. People not only engage in baking cookies but also share them with their loved ones and also go for charity drives. On this day, the streets of the United States are filled with the Aroma of cookies baked in different flavors, and shops, especially bakeries, are stuffed with people waiting for their turn.
History and other facts about National Bake Cookies Day
Even though nobody knows when exactly the cookies were born. However, their origin dates back to time immemorial. Cookies were always with us in some form or the other. The shreds of evidence show that the earliest cookie, which was documented, dated back to the 17th century and was documented in Persia. Its original name was not a cookie but ‘koekje.’ It is a Dutch word that means a small cake. With time its name changed to cookie and then eventually cookie. Since then, the cookies have been ruling the hearts of the people.
Different types of cookies
Cookies are available in a myriad of flavors. Though choco-chip cookies always top the list, there are several other flavors that you might not be acquainted with.
- Sunflower butter cookies- These cookies are made using sunflower seed butter which is very different from peanut butter and almond butter. This butter is very healthy and is considered an allergy-friendly option. You can add nuts, oats, and other seeds to these cookies to make them healthy.
- Olive Oil Cookies– Olive oil cake is quite a common thing. But do you know, you can bake olive oil cookies too? Olive oil adds richness to the dessert and makes it healthy and tasty.
- Kahlua cookie dough bites– These cookies look like a chocolate ball from the outside and dough-based fruit cake from the inside. It is indeed a dreamy combination. Imagine a chocolate ball melting into a loaf of soft and delicious bread. Try making it in coconut oil for a better taste.
- Jelly and Peanut butter cookies- This one is not that tough to bake. Just give a makeover to your classic cookies by adding jams and jellies to them and baking them in the peanut butter to enhance the taste. You can garnish them with coconut powder.
- Elderflower Macarons– A crunchy outer shell with a soft and chewy interior. Children love such cookies. They not only taste delicious but look adorable too. You can top them with gems or elderflowers and store them in airtight containers.
- Pumpkin spice cookies with a blend of coffee- While you bake the classic pumpkin spice cookies using pumpkin seeds and other nuts, just try adding a spoon of coffee to the batter. This will give a completely new taste. If you are not a coffee lover, you may try using hazelnut or cocoa powder.
National Bake Cookies Day Quotes
“Cookies make the world go round.”
“You’re one tough cookie!”
“Cookies in the morning, cookies late at night. Cookies all day, here take another bite!”
“Life is short. Eat cookies.”
“You can’t be a smart cookie if you have a crumbly attitude.”
“Hop on the cookie train with me.”
“Cookies are made of butter and love.”
“If there is no happy ending, make one out of cookie dough.”
“Did someone say cookies?”
“Come to the dark side. We have cookies!”
Perfect Cookie Quotes
“Coffee. Milk. Cookies.”
“If we had just one cookie, I’d give you the bigger half.”
“I’m basically a cookie guru.”
“I don’t care what the question is. Cookies are the answer.”
“I’m basically a cookie monster.”
“Keep calm and eat cookies.”
“Keep calm and bake cookies.”
“If you can’t change the world with cookies, what’s the point?”
“It’s cookie o’clock.”
“Life is better with fresh baked cookies.”
Cookie Instagram Captions
“Eat cookies first.”
“National cookie day is every day in this house.”
“Feeling like one cute cookie.”
“Hello, cookies, it’s me.”
“Love life. Love cookies.”
“The Grinch better have my cookies ready!”
“Sorry, I’m busy locked in my pantry eating cookies.”
“My favorite color is cookies.”
“The fortune you seek is in another cookie.”
Best Cookie Quotes
“It’s much harder to be sad while eating a cookie.”
“I have a well-balanced diet: a cookie in each hand.”
“The cookies are calling and I must go (to them).”
“Friends are nice, but friends with cookies are better.”
“I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t like cookies.”
“Every cookie is a sugar cookie. A cookie without sugar is a cracker.”
“When the going gets tough, the tough make cookies.”
“Cookies have no calories.”
“Cookies are like duct tape. They fix everything.”
“No matter how the cookie crumbles, you’re the best person around!”
National Cookie Day Messages, Cookie Quotes
“When life gives you lemons, toss them aside and make cookies instead.”
“Yesterday, I really wanted cookies. Today, I am eating cookies. Follow your dreams.”
“Should I have a cookie? A memoir.”
“You’re the milk to my cookies.”
“Friends don’t let friends go without cookies.”
“Cookie dough is 100% worth the risk of salmonella.”
“I don’t share the blame. I don’t share credit. And I don’t share cookies.”
“Cookie baking champion of this kitchen.”
“We’re a match made in heaven!”
“I’m a weir-dough.”
“All good things must crumble to an end.”
Celebrate National Bake Cookies Day by calling everyone at your home and baking scrumptious cookies. Also, do not forget to share them with your friends and followers on social media.