**This is a sponsored post**
CBD oil has gained great popularity in the recent past. With increasing research studies, the hemp industry critically analyzes CBD oil’s benefits in humans and animals. CBD hemp oil works like a miracle on pets. A pet parent should try it out for their furry mate.
The past few years have cultivated the growth of the hemp industry. People are circumspectly scrutinizing the therapeutic benefits of cannabidiol. Many people are becoming aware that though CBD is extracted from the hemp plant, it is not marijuana. As a result, the disgrace of CBD being a social taboo is gradually decreasing.
What is CBD?
Short form for cannabidiol, CBD is a compound extracted from the cannabis plant. CBD is non-psychoactive; that is, it does not get you intoxicated. Instead, it aids severe mental and health conditions, including depression, anxiety, chronic pain, and sleep disorder. A person who wishes to treat these ailments without manifesting the mind-altering effects of clinic drugs might use CBD as an alternative treatment.
With growing demand, CBD manufacturers are inculcating the compound in various products. CBD is available in tinctures, capsules, topic creams, cosmetics, vape, and much more. Users can easily purchase CBD in any form.
How is CBD helpful for your pet?
Researchers had an in-depth study about the effects of CBD on furry animals. They estimated the presence of the endocannabinoid system in animals, similar to humans. The endocannabinoid system supervises the cognitive and psychological aspects of humans and animals. CBD reacts with the ECS to reduce pain, stress, anxiety, and depression. Buy CBD hemp oil for pets online and elevate their daily lifestyle.
Age, fractures, and surgeries might leave behind a trail of pain in your pet. CBD researchers on animals say that consistent use of hemp oil might react with the brain cells and reduce the sensation of pain in your buddy.
Related: What A Dog Parent Should Know About Using CBD For Dogs
CBD is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. Studies have confirmed the reduction of pro-inflammatory cytokines with CBD oil. CBD hinders the multiplication of T cells and stimulates the growth of immune cells. Doctors say that CBD oil supplements the response of the immune system to various psychological problems.
Comparable to humans, animals undergo a similar kind of anxiousness in their bodies. Events like a thunderstorm, car ride, or detachment from loved ones might cause anxiety. They either stop interacting or remain hidden behind some object. In extreme cases, animals jump out of the window or terrace. Experiments on dogs suffering anxiety concluded that oral consumption of CBD over some time might help calm down your furry friend.
Skin is the largest organ of the body and requires regular nurture and care in animals and humans. Allergies, skin infections, and lack of nutrition might damage the skin. Topical use of CBD hemp oil has proven beneficial in improving skin quality and maintain shine and fur texture.
-Aids bones and joint health
Aging causes arthritis, nemesis, and bone pain in animals. CBD oil works vigorously in chronic pain. Massage and oral consumption of CBD have constructive effects on senior pets exposed to arthritis. However, consult your vet before deciding the dosage of CBD hemp oil for your pet.
Possible Side effects of CBD on pets
Scientific research, data, and analysis do not provide enough evidence about the long-term side effects of consuming CBD hemp oil daily. But some animals have registered some manifestations after using CBD oil at varied dosages:
- Dry mouth: The production of saliva reduces after consuming CBD products. An increase of thirst in your pet might be a manifestation of this symptom.
- Low blood pressure: At higher doses of CBD, dogs register a drop in blood pressure levels in their body. They may feel light-headed and weak.
- Drowsiness: Though CBD is non-psychoactive, it has some amount of THC. Since CBD is helpful in the treatment of anxiety, it causes a sense of calm in the body. A higher dosage of CBD might manifest drowsiness in your pet.
What to look for in the market?
After your vet recommends CBD treatment for your pet, you should keep the following points in mind before purchasing a product from the market or online:
- Organic product: Confirm that the product you buy is free from pesticides, fungicides, and solvents.
- Price: Usually, good CBD products are placed at a higher cost. It maintains quality and purity. On the other hand, cheaper products may contain dangerous substances such as heavy metals. It might be a health threat for the animals. Make sure the product does not contain any additives.
- Analyze: Restrain yourself from buying products where the manufacturers do not provide enough lab tests or certificates. Unauthorized products are generally sold on the black market and might contain harmful toxins. Also, check the spelling carefully. Sometimes, manufacturers make unnoticeable spelling changes and sell illegal products.
- Buy CBD in Liquid form: to ensure proper dosage, purchase good quality CBD Sleep oil or tincture. It would help you negotiate the number of drops you feed your pet.
How much is CBD too much?
The dosage of CBD depends on several internal as well as external factors –
- Weight – Not all animals weigh the same. For example, a Labrador is larger when compared to a pug or a cat. The size of their body determines the dosage of the product. A heavier body requires a higher dosage than smaller pets.
- Potency – The potency of the product is the amount of CBD it has. The potency helps you determine the amount of product your pet administers the entire day. This piece of information should be provided on the label of each product.
- Pre-registered medical condition – The severity of your pet’s ailment determines the dosage.
A vet considers all the points before suggesting a CBD treatment since CBD is known to react with blood thinners in the body.
Wait, There’s more!
The World Health organization in 2017 approved the safety and endurance of CBD for animals. Doctor Klein notes that the decision of federal laws to legalize marijuana has been beneficial for pets. He says that, soon, CBD products will make a greater change in the lifestyle of both human and animal health. Good luck with your pet!