Rightly said by William Cowper, the famous English Poet, “God made the country and man made the town” it truly seems that God resides in the countryside.
The purity, tranquility, and simplicity of the countryside are way more pleasant than the humdrum life of cities and towns. It is far away from the senseless struggles and the city dwellers’ competitive, loveless, and strife-filled life.
Quotes about the Countryside
People are self-sufficient in the countryside. Their cordial, genuine, and heartwarming behaviors and affections provide happiness to our hearts.
Amidst the natural beauty, you get the opportunity of self-reflection so that you can find your true self and seek genuine desires, without being pressurized by family or peers.
Let’s go through some quotes which emphasize the serenity and beauty of the countryside.
1. “If country life is healthful to the body, it is no less so to the mind.” – Giovanni Ruffini.
2. “I prefer the country life.” – Ziggy Marley.
3. “The city reveals the moral ends of being and sets the awful problem of life. The country soothes us, refreshes us…” – Edwin Hubbel Chapin.
4. “Knowledge and power in the city; peace and decency in the country.” – Edwin Hubbel Chapin.
4. “Knowledge and power in the city; peace and decency in the country.”– Mason Cooley.
5. “I really feel that my body craves to be in the mountains or by the ocean or in the countryside.” – Miranda Kerr.
6. “Listen patiently, quietly and reverently to the lessons, one by one, which Mother Nature has to teach… so that all who will, may see and know.” ― Luther Burbank.
7. “I suppose the pleasure of country life lies really in the eternally renewed evidences of the determination to live.” – Vita Sackville-West.
8. “If you violate Nature’s laws you are your own prosecuting attorney, judge, jury, and hangman.” – Luther Burbank.
9. “Being in the country is like being in a dream – one doesn’t quite know who one is.” – Meia Geddes.
10. “The country life is to be preferred, for there we see the works of God.” – William Penn.
11. “We must return to nature and nature’s god.” – Luther Burbank.
12. “It is not easy to walk alone in the country without musing upon something.” – Charles Dickens.
13. “This pure air braces the listless nerves, and warms the blood. I feel in freedom here.” – Joanna Baillie
14. “Two things revolutionized my life: moving to the countryside and falling in love.” – Nick Love.
15. “The country has charms only for those not obliged to stay there.”- Edouard Manet.
16. “I had rather be on my farm than be emperor of the world.” – George Washington.
17. “Puttin’ on a cowboy hat & a pair of boots doesn’t make you country; Like puttin’ on a ball gown & glass heels won’t make me Cinderella.” – Kellie Elmore.
18. “Farmers worry only during the growing season, but town people worry all the time.” – Edgar Watson Howe.
19. “Take care of all your memories… for you cannot relive them.” – Bob Dylan.
20. “City life is no life for a country man; for such a man that life is a kind of damnation in itself.”- Stephen King.
Countryside Quotes To Restore Your Inner Tranquility
In the countryside, the lush green fields, the vast meadows, birds chirping with the rising sun, the tree groves, the lonely landscapes, and the sight of the clamoring birds and farmers working in the fields are really cheerful and charming.
Driving to the countryside is really beneficial. Not only are the rural areas quieter and picturesque, but they’re also known for being safer, with a lesser crime, lower pollution levels, and almost negligible traffic. This makes them particularly suited to older people or simply those who want to live a more secure and relaxed life, away from the hustle and bustle of the cities. People do really live a satisfying wholesome life there without hurry or regrets.
Let’s read some countryside quotes which will provide peace to our minds amidst the tiresome and lethargic urban lifestyle.
21. “I think the jokes would have been a bit broader and a bit more obvious in terms of the day-to-day of country life.”– Simon Pegg.
22. “The chicken is the country’s, but the city eats it.”- George Herbert.
23. “Some old-fashioned things like fresh air and sunshine are hard to beat.” – Laura Ingalls Wilder.
24. “Country life has its advantages… You sit on the veranda drinking tea and your ducklings swim on the pond…” – Anton Chekhov.
25. “Warm familiar scents drift softly from the oven, and imprint forever upon our hearts that this is home and that we are loved.” – Arlene Stafford-Wilson
26. “I consider it the best part of an education to have been born and brought up in the country.” – Amos Bronson Alcott.
27. “In the end, for congenial sympathy, for poetry, for work, for original feeling and expression, for perfect companionship with one’s friends – give me the country.” – D. H. Lawrence.
28. “The fresh and crisp air of the country reminds us that our blood surges from of the natural world and how tied we are to the sprung rhythms of earth and sky, weather and season.” – Kilroy J. Oldster.
29. “Nor rural sights alone, but rural sounds, exhilarate the spirit, and restore the tone of languid nature.”– William Cowper.
30. “Country things are the necessary root of our life – and that remains true even of a rootless and tragically urban civilization…” – Esther Meynell.
31. “Life is either a great adventure or nothing.” – Helen Keller.
32. “The city, no matter how small, is corrupt and unrepentant, while the sun shines brighter in the country, making people more wholesome.” – Lori Lansens.
33. “I lived in solitude in the country and noticed how the monotony of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind.” – Albert Einstein.
34. “There is a vast deal of make-believe in the carefully nurtured sentiment for country life, and the barefoot boy, and the mountain girl.” – Agnes Repplier.
35. “The country is laid out in a haphazard, sloppy fashion, offensive to the tidy, organized mind.” – Alan Brien.
Countryside Quotes To Go For Your Upcoming Vacation To An Idyllic Rural Space
What about not going to a big pompous city for your next vacation, but rather enjoying the calmness and recharging your body and mind in an idyllic rural landscape? We all need a detox and nature is a perfect place for regaining back our lost peace of mind and obtaining solace for a few days at least. Life in a village is quiet and peaceful. It is rich in natural beauty.
Let’s read some quotes highlighting the satisfactory feeling of country life.
36. “I have thought that a good test of civilization, perhaps one of the best, is country life. Where country life is safe and enjoyable, a high state of civilization prevails.” – John Burroughs.
37. “One gets, sensitive about losing mornings after getting a little used to them with living in a country.” – Nathaniel Parker Willis.
38. “Despite the forecast, live like it’s spring.” – Lilly Pulitzer.
39. “I long for the countryside. That’s where I get my calm and tranquility…” – Emilia Clarke.
40. “Now it’s the little moments that stop me in my tracks, because that’s what life is all about.” – Joanna Gaines.
41. “The whole race of scribblers flies from the town and yearns for country life.” – Horace.
42. “Those shining stars, he liked to point out, were one of the special treats for people like us who lived out in the wilderness.” – Jeannette Walls, ‘The Glass Castle’.
43. “I am no bird; and no net ensnares me; I am a free human being with an independent will.” – Charlotte Brontë.
44. “[T]here is no practice… which tends to renovate the constitution, than a temporary retirement to the country.” – John Sinclair.
45. “How lucky country children are in these natural delights that lie ready to their hand! Every season and every plant offers changing joys.” – Miss Read, ‘Village Diary’.
46. “When I… moved to the country, I felt as if I could finally exhale that little bit of breath I’d been unconsciously holding in my lungs.” – Cecily Schmidt.
47. “The country does what the city cannot. It quietens the mind and brings simplicity into one’s life.” – Donna Goddard.
48. “When I am in the country I wish to vegetate like the country.” – William Hazlitt.
49. “The country is lyric, the town dramatic. When mingled, they make the most perfect musical drama.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
50. “Townsfolk have no conception of the peace that mother nature bestows.” – Halldor Laxness, ‘Independent People’.
More Country Life Sayings and Quotes
Though towns provide us with all the amenities and facilities people crave for attaining a luxurious and cozy lifestyle, the spiritual and mental comfort one ardently needs amidst daily strenuous life.
The simple pleasures like the gushing waters of the rivers, the cold overflowing lake waters, the yellowing of tree leaves, and the birds building up their nests can be observed here as the ambiance is soothing for the mind and the heart. Let’s read some more quotes that’ll nourish love for the countryside in your heart.
51. “The clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” – John Muir.
52. “I am glad I will not be young in a future without wilderness.” – Aldo Leopold.
53. “Nature’s peace will flow into you as sunshine flows into trees.” – John Muir, ‘The Mountains Of California’.
54. “I have nature and art and poetry, and if that is not enough, what is enough?” ― Vincent Willem van Gogh.
55. “I love not man the less, but Nature more.” – Lord Byron.
56. “I felt my lungs inflate with the onrush of scenery—air, mountains, trees, people.” – Sylvia Plath, ‘The Bell Jar’.
57. “Knowledge and power in the city; peace and decency in the country.” – Mason Cooley.
58. “There is virtue in country houses, in gardens and orchards, in fields, streams, and groves, in rustic recreations and plain manners…” – Amos Bronson Alcott.
59. “Let your watchword be order and your beacon beauty.” – Daniel Burnham.
60. “The creation of a thousand forests is in one acorn.”-Ralph Waldo Emerson.