Like those flowers in the garden
I am trying to bloom
Amidst the beetles and thorns
Knowing that the past is gone.
Like those wounds on my body
I am trying to heal
Amidst the dark nights and pain
With all my might and main.
Like those seeds in the garden
I am trying to grow
Amidst the heat and dust
Knowing that nothing in the world is ‘fair’ and ‘just.’
Like those dewdrops and the grass
I am trying to love
Amidst the circle of lust and attraction
Self-love is my only salvation.
No matter how good a time you are having in your life, there are times when something holds you back and reminds you of the old days. That pang in the heart follows you everywhere. The loneliness hits you harder even when hundreds of people surround you.
How does Heartbreak feel like?
Severe pain without any physical injury, something that only a sufferer can understand! It ain’t an illness that a pill can cure. It is deep within, and how long such pain will last depends on the victim’s ability to accept the loss and move on. The pain of a breakup hits different. It is not something that will go away in a fortnight or so.
Though your kith and kin will offer you a lot of suggestions, however, in most cases, they are useless. The only person who can help you get rid of this pain is you, yourself, because you’re the only one who knows what exactly is going on within you and the way to come out of the shackles of memories of that person who has hurt you the most.
How can you deal with it?
Flashbacks of the moments spent with loved ones, and the memories they left behind are the biggest hindrances preventing you from moving on. But here, you have to be strong and try to find the silver lining because no matter the times are good or bad, nothing lasts forever.
There are many of us who just give up living the life we used to due to heartbreak. This is because they get so attached to that person that their entire lives and happiness revolve around him/her. And they start hating things because that person is no more with them.
But trust me, it’s not the end as there is moonlight to guide you even in the dullest of moments of the night. So never lose hope and zeal to live for yourself.
When a person leaves you, it’s the person you lose and a part of yourself. So prioritize yourself and take care of yourself. Keep your originality and happiness intact as it’s the darkest before the dawn, and the flowers will bloom again after the sunrise.
Some beautiful quotes to make you feel happy
- “Crying is a way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is.” — Unknown
- “I think about you. But I don’t say it anymore.” — Marguerite Duras, Hiroshima Mon Amour
- “Pleasure of love lasts but a moment. The pain of love lasts a lifetime.” — Bette Davis
- “The worst feeling in the world is when you can’t love anyone else because your heart still belongs to the one who broke it.” — Unknown
- “The scariest thing is that we didn’t even have to be together for you to break my heart.” — Unknown
- “You weren’t just a star to me. You were my whole damn sky.” — Unknown
- “I don’t know why they call it heartbreak. It feels like every other part of my body is broken too.” — Terri Guillemets
Life is about facing lows and cherishing happy moments. There is no option to skip a phase. To all the people dealing with their heartbreak, do not lose hope. Take your time to heal. The love that is meant for you will certainly find its way. Do not close the doors of your heart. Things will be better soon.