Are you an introvert looking for a love relationship? No matter if you are an outgoing introvert or a shy introvert, you need to start working on your perfect plan!
Dating as an introvert can be super easy and so much fun. We help you to understand your secret introverted talents and how to find love and friendship.
Step 1: Getting Ready For Dating
If we want to do the next step in life, we need to be ready and clean up our past. Here are some very important questions to check if you are ready for dating.
- Are you really open to a new adventure? Or is there anything that holds you back, like emotional pain? Rejection is very common, for example.
- Have you gotten rid of your past relationship experiences, or are you secretly dreaming of wanting to rebuild an old relationship?
What kind of relationship are you looking for?
- A romantic relationship
- A needy one where you want someone else to fulfill certain needs?
Related: There are 4 types of Introverts: Which one are you?
What kind of person are you looking for?
It helps to set a certain kind of compass so that you know what you are looking for. Here are some examples that could describe a potential partner
- A Giver (Takers focus on getting as much as possible from others)
What are you ready to give? What can you offer to a potential partner?
Here are some ideas.
- Emotional support like warmth
- Fun and humor
- Sharing house chores
Keep in mind that finding the right person is primarily a mental process, after all. It is about focussing your mind on your goal.
Related: 10 Ways To Love An Introvert Person
Step 2: Develop a Plan For Dating
Introverts are often a little insecure. Therefore dating with a plan can boost their confidence.
- Make sure to start each conversation with “pleasantries” that make the other person feel good.
- Did you know that introverts are extraordinarily good at listening? Prepare some opening questions to ask. They should be general, like the weather or referring to a current event.
- Try to find out what the other person is looking for. It is amazing how many people pretend they are looking for a new relationship and even love”. “But in reality, they are still emotionally involved with an ex-partner. Others might simply look for a nightstand or want to be friends with benefits.
- Consider developing categories of what the other person is looking for to make sure you reach your personal dating goal.
- Prepare some open-ended questions that you find interesting and meaningful to get the conversation on a deeper level. Here are some examples that are proven to work.
- What values describe you best?
- What are you willing to give in a relationship?
- Are there one or more things that you would like your partner to do for you?
- Remember: Smiling and looking into people’s eyes makes most people feel good..
- Consider studying your own face mimic like smiling in front of a mirror and listening to your own voice. Then you can both use it as a tool because a voice can sound warm and caring or simply full of joy and fun.
- Make notes of what worked for you and what didn’t. Pay especially attention to how you felt when trying different strategies.
Related: How To Be A Happy Introvert
Step 3: Meeting Someone
After preparing yourself for dating, it is time to meet someone.
Dating Sites for Introverts:
According to Mashable, those are some of the best dating sites for Introvert singles.
Here women always have to make the first move and decide whether or not to chat or take connections further. That means that a guy has no risk and a woman is free to guide the communication.
A personality test identifies the traits that really make you who you are. The dating service can match you with exactly the type of personality you’d be most compatible with. Thus introverts automatically get matched with each other.
Your profile is only visible to the people who are a good match for you, so the experience can help to narrow your potentials down to only those who are actually a good fit.
Online Dating For Introverts
Online dating seems perfect for introverts. It even gets better when you follow these rules:
- Only date someone if you have a good gut feeling. Trusting your gut helps you to make good people’s choices.
- Set yourself a time limit and communicate it openly. This makes you more interesting and protects you from wasting your time with people you don’t feel comfortable with.
Start working on your personal dating journey today. Preparation is a major part of your road to a new relationship.