“Menopause better is a blog that I created to help women thrive through menopause, which isn’t only about hot flashes that we hear about, but more than that, and I want women in that age range to lead a better menopause journey” – Su-Nui Escobar.
We all have heard about hot flashes being the number one symptom of menopause. However, not many of us are aware of the nutritional guidance, workouts during the phase. Listen to the registered nutritionist to learn about all these.
Morning Lazziness is bringing to you an interview session with Ms. Su-Nui Escobar, registered dietitian, the doctor in clinical nutrition, and the founder of Menopause better.
In this interview, we have covered matters regarding menopause symptoms, exercises during menopause, etc.
Why is it important to be aware of the menopause symptoms?
“One of my clients had approached me for nutritional guidance, but she also mentioned that she had diarrhea, and after consulting with her physician, she took medicines for curing the same. However, she never thought that diarrhea could also be a symptom of menopause. Therefore, it is important for women to be aware of the menopause symptoms” – Su-Nui Escobar.
Workouts during menopause?
“Exercise during menopause is great for a woman’s body, especially for training the muscles like yoga, weight training. It can contribute towards improving mental health and reducing stress as well” – Su-Nui Escobar.
Remedies to heal hot flashes
- Reduce stress; stress can trigger hot flashes to a greater extent; therefore, reducing the same can heal hot flashes.
- To cure nighttime hot flashes, sleep in a cool environment
- Sleeping more could help with regulating the hunger hormones and reducing your sugar cravings
- Wear comfortable clothes that could be easily removable
- Changing your diet plans, decreasing caffeine and alcohol could just do the trick.