The best education quotes will keep your motivation strong while you are getting an education, as education is the key to success.
Education certainly determines the quality of an individual’s life. Education improves one’s knowledge, and skills and develops personality and attitude. Education affects the chances of employment for people. A highly educated individual is probably very likely to get a good job. It certainly is a great opportunity to make a decent living.
So always remember, Education is the weapon you can use to conquer the world.
Best Education Quotes
Learning is not a race. It is not a competition. It is what we make of it. Education will always be the foundation for building your life and career. A great lesson from these educational quotes, learning should be an adventure that brings lifelong rewards.
Let us read some quotes which illustrate the importance of education in a person’s life–
1. “Change is the end result of all true learning.” – Leo Buscaglia
2. “Education is the passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to those who prepare for it today.” – Malcolm X
3. “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” – Benjamin Franklin
4. “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
5. “Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school.” – Albert Einstein
6. “The more that you read, the more things you will know, the more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”– Dr. Seuss
7. “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
8. “Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.” ― C.S. Lewis
9. “The learning process continues until the day you die.” – Kirk Douglas
10. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.” ― W.B. Yeats
Quotes About How Knowledge Is Power
True education is not all about academic degrees. We all know how expensive a college or university education is today. Not everyone can afford it, and hence self-learning through experiences or learning through various other sources like online resources and borrowed books has proved to be a successful method of building up one’s life.
Education teaches you to communicate better, refine your skills, and use opportunities that life presents in front of you.
Education is the only thing that you can’t gamble. All you have to do is put in the time and effort, and your education will pay off one way or another.
11. “Develop a passion for learning. If you do, you will never cease to grow.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
12. “Education is not preparation for life; education is life itself.” – John Dewey
13. “Knowledge is power. Information is liberating. Education is the premise of progress, in every society, in every family.” – Kofi Annan
14. “A person who won’t read has no advantage over one who can’t read.” – Mark Twain
15. “Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army.” – Edward Everett
16. “They know enough who know how to learn.” – Henry Adams
17. “Upon the subject of education … I can only say that I view it as the most important subject which we as a people may be engaged in.” – Abraham Lincoln
18. “Learning is like rowing upstream: not to advance is to drop back.” – Chinese proverb
19. “Nine-tenths of education is encouragement.” – Anatole France
20. “Man can learn nothing except by going from the known to the unknown.” – Claude Bernard
21. “Education is the ability to listen to almost anything without losing your temper or your self-confidence.” ― Robert Frost
22. “Learning is not attained by chance, it must be sought for with ardor and attended to with diligence.” – Abigail Adams
23. “Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.” ― Aristotle
24. “It is as impossible to withhold education from the receptive mind as it is impossible to force it upon the unreasoning.” – Agnes Repplierg
25. “They cannot stop me. I will get my education if it is in the home, school, or any place.” – Malala Yousafzai
26. “I was reading the dictionary. I thought it was a poem about everything.” – Steven Wright
27. “The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers.” ― Thomas Jefferson
28. “Learning is not compulsory. Neither is survival.” – Dr. W. Edwards Deming
29. “Learning is not the product of teaching. Learning is the product of the activity of learners.” – John Holt
30. “Take the attitude of a student, never be too big to ask questions, never know too much to learn something new.” – Og Mandino
Quotes On The Importance Of Education
Education is an investment in the future. It helps individuals achieve independence, prosperity, and respect in society. Education at all levels is essential to ensure that people can take advantage of opportunities created by technological advancement, social change, and economic growth. An educated community creates and maintains a peaceful environment promoting a sustained livelihood for all citizens, and securing the foundation for sustainable development.
Above all, Education teaches the value of discipline to individuals. Educated people also realize the value of time more.
Finally, education enables individuals to express their views efficiently. Educated individuals can explain their opinions in a clearer manner and convince people.
Let’s read more quotes that define the immense power that education gives you.
31. “Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world.” – Nelson Mandela
32. “I agree that a love of reading is a great gift for a parent to pass on to his or her child.”– Ann Brashares
33. “Whatever the cost of our libraries, the price is cheap compared to that of an ignorant nation.” ― Walter Cronkite
34. “To me education is a leading out of what is already there in the pupil’s soul.” ― Muriel Spark
35. “He who opens a school door, closes a prison.” ― Victor Hugo
36. “Education is the ability to meet life’s situations.” – Dr. John G. Hibben
37. “Learning starts with failure; the first failure is the beginning of education.” – John Hersey
38. “I have never let my schooling interfere with my education.” – Mark Twain
39. “Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
40. “Education is for improving the lives of others and for leaving your community and world better than you found it.” – Marian Wright Edelman
Education Quotes Representing Success
Civil rights activist Martin Luther King, Jr. once said, “The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character — that is the goal of true education.” His words still ring true today.
There are many reasons why education is considered to be a symbol of success–
- It helps you gain personal control of your life.
- It helps to make the world a better place.
- Education allows you to turn your dreams into a reality.
- It gives you confidence and staying power.
Let’s read more quotes on how and why education defines success.
41. “Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don’t.” – Bill Nye
42. “You are always a student, never a master. You have to keep moving forward.” – Conrad Hall
43. “The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.” – Sydney J. Harris
44. “Children have to be educated, but they have also to be left to educate themselves.” – Ernest Dimnet
45. “Every artist was at first an amateur.” – Ralph W. Emerson
46. “Education consists mainly of what we have unlearned.” ― Mark Twain
47. “All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle
48. “Education must not simply teach work – it must teach Life.“ – W. E. B. Du Bois
49. “I am indebted to my father for living, but to my teacher for living well.” – Alexander the Great
50. “Wisdom…. comes not from age, but from education and learning.” ― Anton Chekhov
More Education Quotes & Sayings
Education is a mind-expanding gift that can broaden your horizons and enrich your life. Long days in the library or studying at home on your laptop can be tough, but you will learn a lot of life-enhancing, transferable skills in between the assignments that will be with you forever.
But real education is seen in how you treat people, your innate values in you, and how you react in various situations. Not every person who does not have a graduate or a master’s degree should be chided away. The problem is that in today’s society, we emphasize academic degrees that we forget to see the real gem-like qualities imbibed within a person. This is a mentality we really need to get away with if we want our society to benefit and progress.
Let us read some more quotes on education which are said by eminent personalities.
51. “Education is a continual process, it’s like a bicycle… If you don’t pedal you don’t go forward.” – George Weah
52. “Education is the best friend. An educated person is respected everywhere. Education beats the beauty and the youth.” – Chanakya
53. “Education is not the filling of a pail, but the lighting of a fire.”― William Butler Yeats
54. “A good education is a foundation for a better future.” – Elizabeth Warren
55. “Education is a once in a lifetime opportunity to open children’s hearts and minds to the unbelievable wonder of the universe.”– Sir Anthony Seldon
56. “Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune.” ― Jim Rohn
57. “The more I live, the more I learn. The more I learn, the more I realize, the less I know.” ― Michel Legrand
58. “By seeking and blundering we learn.” ― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
59. “School is the path, not the point.” – Will Richardson
60. “Time is the best teacher, but unfortunately, it kills all of its students.” – Robin Williams